Part-Time Retail Sales Associate
- 1 Symphony Pl, Nashville, TN 37201, USA
Our Mission: The Nashville Symphony inspires, entertains, and educates through excellence in musical performance.
One of Tennessee’s largest and longest-running nonprofit performing arts organizations, the Nashville Symphony has been an integral part of the Music City sound since 1946. Led by music director Giancarlo Guerrero, the 83-member ensemble performs 170 concerts annually, with a focus on contemporary American orchestral music. It is one of the most active recording orchestras in the U.S. and has earned a total of 13 GRAMMY® Awards and 24 nominations.
Education and community engagement have been at the core of the Nashville Symphony’s mission since its founding. Each year the organization reaches 60,000 children and adults with more than 20 free or low-cost programs, including Young People’s Concerts for K-12 students, sectional lessons with band and orchestra students and free Community Concerts.
Schermerhorn Symphony Center, the orchestra’s home since 2006, is widely considered one of the world’s finest acoustical venues. Named in honor of former music director Kenneth Schermerhorn and located in the heart of Nashville’s booming downtown.
In addition to its classical and education programming, the Nashville Symphony offers a wide variety of performances, including pop, rock, jazz, country and family concerts. Schermerhorn Symphony Center has become an in-demand venue for artists including Sheryl Crow, Tony Bennett, Diana Ross, Willie Nelson, Alabama, and Boyz II Men, all of whom have performed with the Nashville Symphony. The orchestra also performs regularly at Nashville’s Ascend Amphitheater.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales, promotions and policies regarding payment and exchanges
- Prepare and demonstrate merchandise for display and use
- Responsible for completing daily administrative duties before and after each shift
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons and vouchers, balancing cash drawers and preparing deposits
- Greet customers and ascertain needs
- Recommend, select and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and process cash or credit payments
- Place special orders
- Clean shelves, counters and tables
- Bag, package or wrap purchases
- Answer questions regarding the Symphony Store and its merchandise
- Describe merchandise and explain use and care of merchandise to customers
- Assist with physical inventories
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Retail experience preferred
- Boutique and jewelry sales preferred
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and evenings
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and maintain a high level of energy
- Must take directions in a positive manner
- Must be able to stand for varying periods of time
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- Must be able to handle a fast paced environment
- Must possess and practice excellent interpersonal skills
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Nashville Symphony prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
TITLE VI OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964
The Nashville Symphony is in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which maintains that no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. If you have questions concerning the Nashville Symphony’s compliance with Title VI, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources and our Local Title VI Coordinator, Ashley Skinner.
This company is a smoke-free workplace in compliance with the Non-Smoker Protection Act, Tennessee Code Annotated §§ 39-17-1801-1810. In accordance with that law and company policy, smoking is prohibited in enclosed areas of company property.