Part-time Data Standards Assistant
- 1 Symphony Pl, Nashville, TN 37201, USA
Our Mission: The Nashville Symphony inspires, entertains, and educates through excellence in musical performance.
One of Tennessee’s largest and longest-running nonprofit performing arts organizations, the Nashville Symphony has been an integral part of the Music City sound since 1946. Led by music director Giancarlo Guerrero, the 83-member ensemble performs 170 concerts annually, with a focus on contemporary American orchestral music. It is one of the most active recording orchestras in the U.S. and has earned a total of 13 GRAMMY® Awards and 24 nominations.
Education and community engagement have been at the core of the Nashville Symphony’s mission since its founding. Each year the organization reaches 60,000 children and adults with more than 20 free or low-cost programs, including Young People’s Concerts for K-12 students, sectional lessons with band and orchestra students and free Community Concerts.
Schermerhorn Symphony Center, the orchestra’s home since 2006, is widely considered one of the world’s finest acoustical venues. Named in honor of former music director Kenneth Schermerhorn and located in the heart of Nashville’s booming downtown.
In addition to its classical and education programming, the Nashville Symphony offers a wide variety of performances, including pop, rock, jazz, country and family concerts. Schermerhorn Symphony Center has become an in-demand venue for artists including Sheryl Crow, Tony Bennett, Diana Ross, Willie Nelson, Alabama, and Boyz II Men, all of whom have performed with the Nashville Symphony. The orchestra also performs regularly at Nashville’s Ascend Amphitheater.
- Assist Manager of Data Services and Sr. Database Associate with new record clean-up and resolving duplicate records in the constituent database
- Perform accurate updates of names, salutations, contact information and other coding in the constituent database
- Research addresses and phone numbers from returned mail or data changes from phone room, telefunding, etc.
- Assist Sr. Database Associate with processing gifts, pledge reminders and acknowledgment letters
- Process and enter checks into check log daily
- Assist with mailings and other donor correspondence
- Perform occasional database maintenance projects
- Assist with filing reports and donor records
- Assist with monitoring newspapers for obituaries and update database accordingly
- High School Diploma
- At least one year of experience in financial or data entry environment; non-profit fund-raising experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer proficiency, including database applications (preferably in fundraising or non-profits) and MS Office software (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent word processing and Internet research skills
- Ability to help create and run reports and assist in analyzing data and information
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Flexible, positive, personable and willing to learn
- Knowledge of fund-raising procedures and classical music is helpful
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Nashville Symphony prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
TITLE VI OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964
The Nashville Symphony is in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which maintains that no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. If you have questions concerning the Nashville Symphony’s compliance with Title VI, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources and our Local Title VI Coordinator, Ashley Skinner.
This company is a smoke-free workplace in compliance with the Non-Smoker Protection Act, Tennessee Code Annotated §§ 39-17-1801-1810. In accordance with that law and company policy, smoking is prohibited in enclosed areas of company property.