Part-Time Ticket Services Specialist
- 1 Symphony Pl, Nashville, TN 37201, USA
Our Mission: The Nashville Symphony inspires, entertains, and educates through excellence in musical performance.
One of Tennessee’s largest and longest-running nonprofit performing arts organizations, the Nashville Symphony has been an integral part of the Music City sound since 1946. Led by music director Giancarlo Guerrero, the 83-member ensemble performs 170 concerts annually, with a focus on contemporary American orchestral music. It is one of the most active recording orchestras in the U.S. and has earned a total of 13 GRAMMY® Awards and 24 nominations.
Education and community engagement have been at the core of the Nashville Symphony’s mission since its founding. Each year the organization reaches 60,000 children and adults with more than 20 free or low-cost programs, including Young People’s Concerts for K-12 students, sectional lessons with band and orchestra students and free Community Concerts.
Schermerhorn Symphony Center, the orchestra’s home since 2006, is widely considered one of the world’s finest acoustical venues. Named in honor of former music director Kenneth Schermerhorn and located in the heart of Nashville’s booming downtown.
In addition to its classical and education programming, the Nashville Symphony offers a wide variety of performances, including pop, rock, jazz, country and family concerts. Schermerhorn Symphony Center has become an in-demand venue for artists including Sheryl Crow, Tony Bennett, Diana Ross, Willie Nelson, Alabama, and Boyz II Men, all of whom have performed with the Nashville Symphony. The orchestra also performs regularly at Nashville’s Ascend Amphitheater.
- Answer customer service calls in phone queue.
- Fulfill ticket orders and assist in distribution of single and season tickets.
- Maintain high levels of customer service as well as continued maintenance and education on products to help meet budgeted goals of organization.
- Participate in daily box office operation shifts and night-of-show box office duties.
- Assist Box Office Manager in ensuring that ticketing needs are met for sponsors, VIPs, artists and staff.
- Responsible for specific tasks assigned at time of hire
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Candidate must have experience in a customer service related profession; 1-2 years ticket services/box office experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Committed to superb customer service and quality of work
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess highly effective interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of Tessitura preferred
- Some knowledge of symphonic music preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Nashville Symphony prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
TITLE VI OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964
The Nashville Symphony is in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which maintains that no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. If you have questions concerning the Nashville Symphony’s compliance with Title VI, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources and our Local Title VI Coordinator, Ashley Skinner.
This company is a smoke-free workplace in compliance with the Non-Smoker Protection Act, Tennessee Code Annotated §§ 39-17-1801-1810. In accordance with that law and company policy, smoking is prohibited in enclosed areas of company property.