Part-time Banquet Houseman
- 1 Symphony Pl, Nashville, TN 37201, USA
Led by Music Director Giancarlo Guerrero and President and CEO Alan D. Valentine, the Nashville Symphony has established an international profile with its innovative programming and steadily expanding discography. Founded in 1946, the 84-member orchestra is today the largest performing arts nonprofit in the state of Tennessee. With 140 performances annually, the Symphony’s concert schedule encompasses a diverse mix of classical, pops, jazz and family programs, along with extensive community outreach efforts.
Reports to: Senior Event Manager
The Part-Time Houseman will assist with both set-up and teardown of weddings, parties, and other events held at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, a flexible schedule, and a willingness to learn about proper event set-up and teardown procedures!
- Perform the safe movement, and storage of china, glass, silver, tables, chairs, and housekeeping wares
- Utilize proper cleaning supplies for equipment and fixtures, and ensure proper techniques are utilized in the cleaning of such equipment
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of all items needed prior to and during special events
- Maintain an organized and hazard free work area at all times and post the appropriate safety materials (i.e., wet floor signs) as required
- Perform and practice the proper lifting, moving and transporting of equipment and tools
- Maintain clean receiving areas, downstairs storage areas, elevators, and dumpster areas
- Perform all tasks outlined on banquet event orders, daily set up sheet, and daily cleaning schedules
- Ensure compliance with health, safety codes and policies
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Nashville Symphony Association standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to event needs.
- Maintain high standards of appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the correct uniform when working
- High School diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Positive attitude and strong commitment to client satisfaction
- Ability to lift up to and including 50 pounds (i.e. tables, chairs, etc…)
- Must be able to work flexible hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Must be able to stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Nashville Symphony maintains a policy of non-discrimination with respect to employees and applicants for employment. No aspect of employment within the Nashville Symphony will be influenced in any manner by race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed or disability or any other basis prohibited by law. If an employee feels that he/she has been discriminated against for any reason, the employee is to immediately report this information to the Director of Human Resources.
TITLE VI OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964
The Nashville Symphony is in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which maintains that no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. If you have questions concerning the Nashville Symphony’s compliance with Title VI, please contact the Director of Human Resources and our Local Title VI Coordinator, Ashley Skinner.
This company is a smoke-free workplace in compliance with the Non-Smoker Protection Act, Tennessee Code Annotated §§ 39-17-1801-1810. In accordance with that law and company policy, smoking is prohibited in enclosed areas of company property.