Nanoparticle Synthesis: Research Associate
- 4878 Ronson Ct, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
NanoComposix is a privately-held R&D and manufacturing company that develops innovative nanomaterials for research and commercial markets. We manufacture hundreds of different variants of metal and metal-oxide core/shell nanocomposites for a wide range of applications including biosensors, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and optical effects. Our mission is to help our clients bring nano-enabled products to market. We’re passionate about what we do and are looking for smart, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who take pride in their work to join our fun and innovative team in this exciting industry.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and personal days, retirement plan with company-match, and an annual bonus program with opportunity for stock ownership in this employee-owned business.
A nanoparticle synthesis research associate position is available at nanoComposix. Responsibilities include working with the product team to fabricate and characterize nanoparticles, prepare specification sheets, and carefully follow standard operating procedures for the large-scale production of nanoparticles. For candidates that have recently graduated, there are internship opportunities available with the possibility of converting to a full-time position.
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in chemistry, biochemistry or nanoengineering with a strong chemistry background or minor in chemistry.
- Experience with analytical, physical, inorganic, or organic chemistry laboratory procedures, techniques, and equipment.
- Research experience in a relevant field of study.
- Ability to multi-task, handle frequently changing job functions, and rapidly learn new techniques and approaches.
- Pays significant attention to detail and carefully documents all experimental procedures, observations, and methodology.
- Ability to keep organized data and records.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including MS word, excel, and powerpoint.
- US citizenship or green card
- Experience fabricating, functionalizing, and processing nanomaterials
- Experience with the bioconjugation of targeting molecules to surfaces or particles
- Experience with optical microscopes, UV-Vis, DLS, Zeta-Potential,TEM, or SEM.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on how your previous experience relates to the job requirements and your availability. Specific examples are of interest. You will not be considered without a cover letter. Candidate should be prepared to demonstrate their chemistry knowledge during the interview process.
Internship opportunities are available for recent graduates.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.