Supply Chain Specialist
- 4898 Ronson Ct, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
NanoComposix is a privately-held R&D, and manufacturing company that develops innovative nanomaterials for research and commercial markets supporting medical devices, and pharmaceuticals. We manufacture hundreds of different variants of metal and metal-oxide core/shell nanocomposites for a wide range of applications including biosensors, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and optical effects. Our mission is to help our clients bring nano-enabled products to market. We’re passionate about what we do and are looking for smart, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who take pride in their work to join our fun and innovative team in this exciting industry.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and personal days, retirement plan with company-match, and an annual bonus program with opportunity for stock ownership in this employee-owned business.
The Supply Chain Specialist (SCS) is responsible for procurement, receiving, inventory control, and shipping support. The SCS will work with the Operations Manager and Supply Chain team executing purchasing processes, receive inventory and non-inventory materials, management inventory with ERP and/or Excel, and support the transition to a full-scale ERP system. The SCS will also support shipment preparation and related tasks. The SCS will work with vendors and other key partners on quotation requests through order placement. Works as an integral part of the Operations’ Supply Chain team. We are only accepting applicants who are Southern California based, San Diego and surrounding areas.
- Perform sourcing and purchase order generation specific to materials with and without specification. Perform cost analysis and supplier assessment with the support of the Operations Manager
- Perform general and SPEC-driven receiving to Standard Operating Procedure for inventory and non-inventory materials
- Support organizing & maintaining physical inventory, including raw materials, supplies, assemblies, and finished goods, as well as maintaining electronic inventory records real-time as inventory levels change throughout each day
- Monitor product inventory and create work orders for low-stock or depleted orders to help avoid backorders
- Support efforts to prevent mix-up of products, materials, and other items so cycle and inventory counts are continually accurate
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the company’s products and related storage and handling requirements in order to handle sensitive nanomaterials appropriately
- Package and ship processed orders; create shipping labels and ensure all other documentation required for shipment is properly included with the shipment
- Maintain a working knowledge of product packaging guidelines to ensure materials are packaged according to their shipping temperature needs, depending on their shipping destination and estimated transit time
- Assist with other non-order-related company shipping
General responsibilities & expectations:
- Maintain safe working conditions at all times; adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Ensure workspaces such as aliquoting, fulfillment, inventory, and shipping areas are continually kept clean and organized
- Notify coworkers and supervisor, as needed, of issues as they arise, and coordinate with co-workers to address them. Continually analyze systems strengths and weaknesses and work to suggest & implement beneficial systems improvements
- Develop and revise SOPs, Work Instructions, and other controlled and non-controlled documents related to job functions
- Demonstrate adaptability in a dynamic environment; willingness to take responsibility for and execute unplanned tasks
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude when facing hectic circumstances.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Training and project-based supervision as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree preferred
Local San Diego applicants only
- At least two years previous related order fulfillment experience preferred.
- At least 6 months of previous experience in a laboratory environment and experience with chemical handling preferred.
- High-level problem solving, reasoning, and prioritization skills
- High level of organization, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills
- Laboratory and chemical-handling skills preferred
- Proficient at Microsoft Office and general computer skills
- Understanding of inventory and FIFO practices, order management systems, and general shipping requirements preferred
- Ability to work productively and independently and responds to tasks and requests (internal and external) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs regularly and up to 50 lbs occasionally.
- Employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk throughout the day
- Fine hand motor control required for materials handling and instrument use
- Regular use of computers and typing required
- Primarily lab and warehouse environment; some office
- Works in a lab environment where there are chemicals, biologicals, and compressed gases
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on how your previous experience relates to the job requirements and your availability. Specific examples are of interest. You will not be considered without a cover letter.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
nanoComposix is an EEOC employer. Military highly encouraged to apply.