Manufacturing Laboratory Technician
- 4878 Ronson Ct, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
NanoComposix is a privately-held R&D and manufacturing company that develops innovative nanomaterials for research and commercial markets. We manufacture hundreds of different variants of metal and metal-oxide core/shell nanocomposites for a wide range of applications including biosensors, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and optical effects. Our mission is to help our clients bring nano-enabled products to market. We’re passionate about what we do and are looking for smart, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who take pride in their work to join our fun and innovative team in this exciting industry.
We are an established high technology company with a track record of steady and substantial growth. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, dynamic, and mission-driven environment, join us!
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and personal days, retirement plan with company-match, and an annual bonus program with opportunity for stock ownership in this employee-owned business. Salary is commensurate with experience.
A laboratory technician position is available at nanoComposix. Responsibilities include working with the team to ensure that the lateral flow production schedule is maintained, all quality control measures are in place and followed, all reagents and cards are manufactured, processed and characterized as specified under a formal quality system, all team members are trained and have all of the tools necessary for success. See full list of responsibilities below.
- Performs basic laboratory tasks - buffer preparation, bioconjugations, supply stocking, inventory and ordering, maintenance of equipment, update of associated logs.
- Supervise and assist with production on BioDot Reel-to-Reel dispense system and Laminator.
- Assists with striping and assembly of lateral flow master cards.
- Assists with QC testing of lateral flow master cards.
- Meticulously document production into batch records and forms associated with NCX quality system.
- Collaborate with lateral flow development team to transfer multiple assays to manufacturing.
- Ensuring that the manufacturing area is compliant with all required FDA, ISO and other applicable regulatory agency standards and documentation
- Confers with management regarding assignments and schedule and manages/prioritizes tasks to meet assigned due dates.
- Adheres to company safety and quality standards at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree with 2-5 years prior lab experience
- Bachelors Degree with 0-1 years prior lab experience.
- Able to multi-task, handle frequently changing job functions, and rapidly learn new techniques and approaches
- Basic understanding of manufacturing systems (documentation, compliance, inventory control, production records/controls, etc.)
- Excellent material handling skills
- Pays significant attention to detail and carefully documents all procedures, observations and methodology
- Fast learner, self-starter, personable, team-oriented and relates well to people at all levels
- Able to keep organized data and records
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- US citizenship or green card
- At least 2+ years’ prior related/hands on lab experience
- Proficiency in using precision pipettes
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Life Sciences
- Experience with BioDot Reel-to-Reel Dispense systems and bioconjugations.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds daily
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, and stand.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on how your previous experience relates to the job requirements and your availability. Specific examples are of interest. You will not be considered without a cover letter. Candidate should be prepared to discuss and explain the technical details of their past experiences during the interview process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.