- 4878 Ronson Ct, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
NanoComposix is a privately-held R&D and manufacturing company that develops innovative nanomaterials for research and commercial markets. We manufacture hundreds of different variants of metal and metal-oxide core/shell nanocomposites for a wide range of applications including biosensors, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and optical effects. Our mission is to help our clients bring nano-enabled products to market. We’re passionate about what we do and are looking for smart, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who take pride in their work to join our fun and innovative team in this exciting industry.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and personal days, retirement plan with company-match, and an annual bonus program with opportunity for stock ownership in this employee-owned business.
The Process Chemist works cross-functionally with Development, Manufacturing, and Quality to support process development of nanomaterials from external and internal R&D sources through design control, process validation, to release to manufacturing /commercialization, and post-release product support /continuous improvement. The Process Chemist responsibilities encompass Quality and Process Engineering functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Support nanomaterial product development from R&D through commercialization
- Leading technical and operations expert for new product introductions, manufacturing and production process development, improvement, and sustaining efforts
- Independently and collaboratively design, executes, and directs controlled experiments and projects to optimize processes, address yield and quality issues, drive implementation of solutions in controlled manufacturing and production environment
- Batch Record, SOP development and training
- Validation Protocol development through execution and reporting
- Collaborates with other engineers, scientists, product managers, and staff to review the projects design, manufacturing, and test documentation; ensures that program or contract quality requirements are met
- Identifies root causes of problems in the manufacturing and production process; recommends and/or implements corrective measures.
- B.Sc., or M.Sc. with synthetic research and development experience preferred
- At least three years prior lab experience
- At least three years prior biotech, medical device, diagnostic, pharmaceutical, or nanotechnology industry experience
- Experience in production support, process development, and project management skills
- Experience in aseptic processes desired
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Laboratory skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn manufacturing and production processes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, laboratory analytical and statistical software, and other related software
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on how your previous experience relates to the job requirements and your availability. Specific examples are of interest. You will not be considered without a cover letter.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.