- 4878 Ronson Ct, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
NanoComposix is a privately-held R&D and manufacturing company that develops innovative nanomaterials for research and commercial markets. We manufacture hundreds of different variants of metal and metal-oxide core/shell nanocomposites for a wide range of applications including biosensors, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and optical effects. Our mission is to help our clients bring nano-enabled products to market. We’re passionate about what we do and are looking for smart, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who take pride in their work to join our fun and innovative team in this exciting industry.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and personal days, retirement plan with company-match, and an annual bonus program with opportunity for stock ownership in this employee-owned business.
A laboratory technician position is available at nanoComposix. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, working with and supporting the product team to prepare and characterize nanomaterials, support our on-going contract development projects ranging from lateral flow medical devices to drug delivery systems, order fulfillment and inventory management support and general lab and infrastructure support.
- Performs basic laboratory tasks - buffer preparation, supply stocking, inventory and ordering, maintenance of equipment, update of associated logs, shipping and receiving
- Support product development manufacturing needs - backing card lamination, dispensing, cutting, assembly, and routine testing.
- Sample management – tube preparation, aliquoting, storing, record keeping, inventory tracking
- Reviews laboratory QA manuals, SOPs, journal articles, or other applicable literature for information applicable to experiments
- Support the Operations department with the performance of process qualifications and validations for procedures and equipment
- Confers with management regarding assignments and schedule and manages/prioritizes tasks to meet assigned due dates
- Assures all procedures and processing areas are maintained in a clean and organized manner
- Adheres to company safety and quality standards at all times
- High school Diploma
- At least 6 months to 2+ years related/hands on lab experience
- Proficiency in using precision pipettes required
- Able to multi-task, handle frequently changing job functions, and rapidly learn new techniques and approaches
- Excellent material handling skills
- Pays significant attention to detail and carefully documents all procedures, observations and methodology
- Able to keep organized data and records
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fast learner, self-starter, personable, team-oriented and relates well to people at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- US citizenship or green card
- Experience in GMP manufacturing or sample management preferred
- Post-high school education; AA in a related field preferred but not required
- Proficiency in other software (e.g. statistical packages, graphing programs) and/or coding (e.g. Python, R) preferred
- Experience with UV-Vis, DLS, Zeta-Potential, TEM / SEM, and optical microscopes is a plus
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds daily
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit and stand
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on how your previous experience relates to the job requirements and your availability. Specific examples are of interest. You will not be considered without a cover letter.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.