Nanoparticle Chemist: Research Scientist
- 4878 Ronson Ct, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
NanoComposix is a privately-held R&D and manufacturing company that develops innovative nanomaterials for research and commercial markets. We manufacture hundreds of different variants of metal and metal-oxide core/shell nanocomposites for a wide range of applications including biosensors, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and optical effects. Our mission is to help our clients bring nano-enabled products to market. We’re passionate about what we do and are looking for smart, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who take pride in their work to join our fun and innovative team in this exciting industry.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and personal days, retirement plan with company-match, and an annual bonus program with opportunity for stock ownership in this employee-owned business.
A Research Scientist position is available at nanoComposix. Responsibilities include working on a wide range of projects for government, academic and commercial clients (start-ups to Fortune 50). The applicant will leverage their nanoparticle synthesis background to fabricate stock products, custom products, and to develop new products that provide order-of-magnitude increases in performance or enable products that would not be possible without nanotechnology. At nanoComposix we are helping accelerate many different technologies to market and the applicant will participate in all aspects of commercialization including project planning, research, and development, scale-up, transfer to manufacturing, quality, marketing, and commercial production.
- Masters or PhD degree in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or nanoengineering with experience in nanoparticle fabrication
- Experience with analytical, physical, inorganic, or organic chemistry laboratory procedures, techniques, and equipment.
- Ability to multi-task, handle frequently changing job functions, and rapidly learn new techniques and approaches.
- Great communicator and writer. Will be responsible for brainstorming new ideas for products and pitching early stage concepts both internally and externally.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Must hold US citizenship or US green card
- Fabrication of sol-gel, quantum dot, metal/metal oxide, polymer, core-shell nanoparticles, and composites.
- Synthesis of unagglomerated, low coefficient of variation metal and metal oxide nanoparticles (e.g. gold, silver, copper, platinum, magnetite, TiO2, SiO2, nanoparticles).
- Strong analytical background including experience with TEM, DLS, Zeta Potential, and optical microscopy and spectroscopy.
- Nanoparticle surface functionalization for transfer between organic and aqueous dispersions.
- Pilot or production scale chemistry including reactor design, production scale manufacturing, or continuous flow processes.
- Experience with the bioconjugation of targeting molecules to surfaces or particles
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on how your previous experience relates to the job requirements and your availability. Specific examples are of interest. You will not be considered without a cover letter.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.