Project Managers and Senior Scientists for Lateral Flow Assay Development and Commercialization
- 4878 Ronson Ct, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
NanoComposix is a privately-held R&D and manufacturing company that develops innovative nanomaterials for research and commercial markets. We manufacture hundreds of different variants of metal and metal-oxide core/shell nanocomposites for a wide range of applications including biosensors, medical devices, clinical diagnostics, and optical effects. Our mission is to help our clients bring nano-enabled products to market. We’re passionate about what we do and are looking for smart, energetic, and self-motivated individuals who take pride in their work to join our fun and innovative team in this exciting industry.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and personal days, retirement plan with company-match, and an annual bonus program with opportunity for stock ownership in this employee-owned business.
NanoComposix is searching for Project Managers and Senior Scientists to lead projects, manage scientific staff, and to bring lateral flow assays to market. This is a unique opportunity to leverage nanoComposix’s innovations in lateral flow R&D including ultra-bright reporter particles, covalent chemistry, and next-generation mobile point of care readers. The candidate will be expected to lead technical teams for assay development as well as support commercialization activities for both nanoComposix’s proprietary assays and assays developed for external clients.
A number of open positions at the senior level are available. The specific job description will depend on the candidate’s prior experience. Responsibilities include managing a highly motivated and innovative team of assay developers, transitioning R&D assays into an ISO 13485 compliant quality system, and coordinating regulatory and manufacturing activities for commercialization. The candidate will work closely with senior management to develop strategic plans for product development and expanding operations.
- Bachelor's, master’s, or PhD degree in chemistry, biochemistry, bioengineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in immunoassay development
- Demonstrated track record of solving challenging issues with assay design, development, and optimization
- Excellent organizational and project management capabilities to facilitate internal and external scientific interactions
- Experience managing direct reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for generating high-quality proposals, presentations, and reports for clients
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and rapidly learn new techniques and approaches.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary environment.
- Must excel in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Due to government contractual obligations, US citizenship or green card is a requirement for this position
- Demonstrated track record of bringing point-of-care diagnostics from feasibility through transfer to manufacturing
- Direct, hands-on experience generating analytical assay development, optimization, and validation data packages in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Previous experience with ELISAs, antibody conjugation, protein purification, and fluorescent labeling
- Experience with cGMP / ISO 13485 compliant quality systems and the 510k approval process
- Drafting and release of standard operating procedures and batch production records
- Highly motivated and innovative problem solver able to independently design, execute, troubleshoot, and interpret experiments within a co-operative matrixed team environment.
- Experience working directly with clients
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include information on how your previous experience relates to the job requirements and your availability. Specific examples are of interest. You will not be considered without a cover letter.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.