Seasonal Retail Associate - Vanderbilt University Bookstore Z2251
- Nashville, TN
- Department: Spring Rush Bookstore 2022
Hourly Rate of $14.00 an Hour
Perks - Employee discount, flexible schedule
Join the Follett team that serves over half of the students in the United States and works with over 80,000 schools. We're higher education's largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate nearly 1,200 local campus stores and over 1,600 virtual stores across the continent. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team this is the place for you!
About The Role:
As a Retail Associate, you will be interacting with students with a commitment to delighting our customers in our vibrant store culture in any or all the following ways, working the cash register, stocking shelving, processing on-line orders, shipping, and receiving and other tasks that may be needed.
This is a seasonal position at the campus bookstore that may require you to have availability to work on a weekly basis for a period of less than 90 days with occasional weekends, and flexibility in scheduling for opening, midday, or closing shifts.
What You Do:
- Operate cash register, accepting cash, credit or financial aid payments.
- Carry, shelve and straightens merchandise, stocks shelves, prices merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs.
- Pick, process and pack orders for shipping
- May provide customer service/sales functions for special events (including but not limited to graduation and athletic events)
- Support a store environment where all associates and customers are welcome
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be considered for employment.
- Strong customer service skills including effective communication.
- Ability to stand on your feet for the length of your shift
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs regularly with or without reasonable accommodations
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- 0 to 12 months of previous retail or clerical experience
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.