- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: Administration
Aurinia exists to make a difference in transforming people’s lives by delivering innovative treatments to patients living with serious, rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve applied an inventive, thoughtful, and responsible approach to developing therapies for people in need. Through our dedication, we relentlessly preserve and execute with integrity to reach our main objective, to improve patients’ health. In addition to driving adoption of our approved therapy, LUPKYNIS™, for appropriate people with lupus nephritis, we are also actively pursuing a broader portfolio of innovative drugs for autoimmune disease.
Our strategy leverages the skills and knowledge of our incredible team and our deep experience in principled drug development and commercialization. Aurinia provides a working environment where individuals can thrive in a professional, creative, and inspirational atmosphere. Together, we are driven to make an impact for our patient communities as advocates and partners in innovation.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level support to Executives in their vertical and is a member of the Administrative team. The Executive Assistant responds to senior level contacts in a sensitive, expeditious manner, maintaining confidentiality and attending to the appropriate protocol in interaction with internal staff, external stakeholders, and the public.
• Managing executives’ calendars and scheduling meetings as required
• Prepares, proofreads, and edits correspondence, reports, minutes and agendas to ensure accuracy and completeness for quality, tone and consistency
• Lends support to the Executive Management team in the development of the company’s overall goals, strategies, plans and initiatives
Work independently under limited supervision to organize workload effectively and efficiently
• Maintain a high level of accuracy and consistency in materials being presented for Executive approval
• Responds to information requests, preparing the necessary documentation and ensuring follow-up actions • Assisting with the planning and coordinating of events such as staff celebrations and charity fundraisers as requested
• Ensure new department employees are fully onboarded by following a checklist provided by HR
• Build and maintain positive working relationships, provide service excellence to clients, and work collaboratively within the Administrative team
• Coordinate logistics for meetings such as conference facilities, catering, boardroom bookings, providing support for teleconference/video conferences and on-site meetings
• Attending meetings as required to record meeting minutes and action items
• Coordinating travel arrangements utilizing the company travel system (Concur) by following the Travel & Expense Policy
• Processing expense claims, invoices and other associated business meeting expenses accurately following the authorization matrix and company expense policy
• Ensure information is available to enable the executive to effectively deal with issues in an informed, productive, and timely manner
• Complete reports and organize appropriate material for meetings, conferences etc.
• Use a high degree of discretion and judgement to determine priorities and urgent situations for the executive’s attention and appropriately directs routine matters to other staff
• Work as a team member with other Executive & Administrative Assistants to contribute to the continuing improvement of services provided to the Executives by assisting each other, engaging in strategic thinking, offering ideas and suggestions, and participating in team meetings or discussions regarding effective systems, procedures and communication.
• Back up coverage during absences to other members of the extended Administrative team
• Thorough understanding of the business’ organization structure, policies, goals, and objectives
• Certificate in business administration, or equivalent combination of experience
• 5- 7 years progressively responsible clerical. administrative experience, education and/or training of which includes providing administrative support to a senior executive
• Experience working in an environment with confidential and sensitive information
• Experience coordinating complex meeting and travel arrangements often on short notice and strict deadlines
• Effective execution of duties requires a high degree of judgement and initiative with knowledge and application of best practices in business administration
• In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite and Concur
• Remain calm, and demonstrate sound judgment while working under pressure
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.