Senior Director/VP, Organizational Development
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: Human Resources
Aurinia exists to make a difference in transforming people’s lives by delivering innovative treatments to patients living with serious, rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve applied an inventive, thoughtful, and responsible approach to developing therapies for people in need. Through our dedication, we relentlessly preserve and execute with integrity to reach our main objective, to improve patients’ health. In addition to driving adoption of our approved therapy, LUPKYNIS™, for appropriate people with lupus nephritis, we are also actively pursuing a broader portfolio of innovative drugs for autoimmune disease.
Our strategy leverages the skills and knowledge of our incredible team and our deep experience in principled drug development and commercialization. Aurinia provides a working environment where individuals can thrive in a professional, creative, and inspirational atmosphere. Together, we are driven to make an impact for our patient communities as advocates and partners in innovation.
The Sr. Director/VP, Organizational Development role is the next step in our journey as an HR Team at Aurinia. As we grow and mature there is a need in our business to help with a strategic approach to learning and development that supports Aurinia’s overall business strategy. This role will partner with senior leaders and the HR Team to develop and maintain an understanding of the operating environment and proactively deliver applicable solutions.
With your experience, project management skills and collaborative style, you will successfully use organizational development best practices to cultivate excellent results that support an engaged and inspired workforce.
• Design and implement long-term phased strategy ensuring the alignment of leadership and organizational development in support of business strategy. Provide strategic input and guidance to HR and business strategies.
• Establish and manage integrated talent management approach ensuring consistency of outcomes via talent platforms (competency platform, performance management, talent and succession management) Link and leverage HR systems and platforms. Develop data/analytics that provide insights, inform decisions and drive value
• Ensure approach is scalable and sustainable relative to design, launch and on-going delivery; drive employee and manager self-sufficiency
• Architect differentiated leadership development strategy including senior leaders and high-potential/rising leaders to feed leadership bench
• Identify and design solutions in other strategic domains including, for example, engagement, culture development, change management, diversity and inclusion.
• Build and deliver annual global management and professional development curriculum (delivery via blend of virtual, external faculty and internal experts)
• Facilitate alignment across all training and learning functions to build shared agenda, facilitate collaboration and leverage resources including global, regulated LMS
• Develop internal capability through HR organization
• Builds and maintains collaborative relationships by consulting/partnering with Human Resource Business Partners and business leaders across the enterprise to understand their learning and development needs and to ensure business integration and ownership.
• Bachelor's degree or Master’s in OD or HR
• A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in organizational development
• Knowledge of learning best practices in today’s workplace context
• Finessed understanding of strategic domains such as employee engagement, inclusion & diversity and leadership development
• Ability to develop, build and deliver; strong organizational and project management skills
• High degree of integrity, credibility, curiosity, and results orientation
• Self-motivated, self-confident individual who is comfortable operating with minimal direction and who thrives in a dynamic environment as a leader influencing change and transformation
• A collaborative and inclusive mindset
• Ability to work at a quick pace with precision
• Excellent and clear communication skills; ability to develop and deliver presentations for all audiences from Employees to Executive
• Analytical skills and facility in using Excel to gather data for analysis
• Demonstrated flexibility and an ability to adapt to shifting priorities
• Strong relationship builder with an executive presence
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.