Vice President, Commercial Operations
- Remote, Home Office, United States
- Department: Commercial Operations
Aurinia exists to make a difference in transforming people’s lives by delivering innovative treatments to patients living with serious, rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve applied an inventive, thoughtful, and responsible approach to developing therapies for people in need. Through our dedication, we relentlessly preserve and execute with integrity to reach our main objective, to improve patients’ health. In addition to driving adoption of our approved therapy, LUPKYNIS™, for appropriate people with lupus nephritis, we are also actively pursuing a broader portfolio of innovative drugs for autoimmune disease.
Our strategy leverages the skills and knowledge of our incredible team and our deep experience in principled drug development and commercialization. Aurinia provides a working environment where individuals can thrive in a professional, creative, and inspirational atmosphere. Together, we are driven to make an impact for our patient communities as advocates and partners in innovation.
As the Vice President, Commercial Operations, you serve as a key member of the commercial leadership team and corporate senior leadership team. This role is responsible for building and leading a high-performing team of commercial operations professionals, developing processes and commercial operations infrastructure and capabilities, establishing organizational success metrics, and developing and achieving strategic priorities.
The Vice President of Commercial Operations will bring an ability to operate at a strategic and senior level, applying their experience and knowledge of commercial operations leading a highly engaged team that is focused on innovation, process improvement.
Commercial Analytics and Insights
• Leads overall assessment of commercial opportunity through research and data analysis
• Identifies drivers and barriers to business performance
• Identifies opportunities to enhance business performance
• Builds databases and infrastructure to support analytics and insights
• Expert at translating data and information into meaningful insights
• Uses analysis, market research and competitive intelligence to deliver actionable recommendations to the leadership team
• Develops short-term and long-term commercial sales forecasts
• Delivers marketing mix analyses to ensure return on investment of tactical plans
• Develops strategy for the commercial operations function well-aligned with the overall commercial strategy.
• Oversees field effectiveness and enablement operations including territory planning, sales performance tracking, incentives programming, development and delivery of customer engagement and sales enablement tools, sample and fleet management, compliance reporting, and meeting planning.
• Designs, builds, and maintains sales technology solutions (including Veeva CRM, speaker management solutions, reporting platform).
• Leads implementation for devices and software in collaboration with IT to enable video details.
• Manages product automobile/fleet program for customer facing organization.
• Leads annual projects at the request of Commercial leadership, which may include field force structure sizing and deployment, resource allocation, performance reporting, and field technology innovation projects
• Familiarity with “start-up” environments and ability to simultaneously think big picture and strategically, but also get involved in day to day details and execution
• Ability to oversee a commercial operations department that is comprised of diverse functions and teams; must have the agility to operate as a general manager of a broad department with multiple team interdependencies
• Discipline in project planning and workstream approaches, developing relationships with stakeholders across the organization to ensure alignment on insights •
• Education BA or BS, in Marketing, Finance, Data Analytics, or Related Business Fields
• 10+ years in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech Industry which includes significant experience in multiple areas within the commercial operation function and / or in areas where the functions directly supports (e.g. marketing leadership, sales leadership, data and analytics, etc)
• Experience with 3rd party pharmaceutical data
• Demonstrated leadership experience (leading a team with direct reports, and/or significant enterprise/matrix leadership)
• Strongly collaborative spirit
• Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding goals and objectives
• Experience developing actionable customer insights, and ensuring insights are brought to life through all marketing efforts from strategy development to implementation
• Proven ability to handle and lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience managing external agencies and working collaboratively with medical/legal/regulatory review teams
• Strong organizational and operational skills with attention to detail
• Ability to align with field leadership and team members to obtain input on launch strategies and tactics
• An entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
• Strong written communication skills, presentation delivery, and interpersonal skills to be effective in a team environment.
• A solid compliance mindset and demonstrated integrity on the job.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.