Accounts Payable Clerk
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
- Department: Finance
Aurinia exists to make a difference. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve seen the potential in applying a creative, thoughtful and responsible approach to developing and commercializing therapies with a goal of changing the course for patients in disease areas that have been historically challenging to address. We Care, for our patients and our employees.
We are currently developing an investigational drug as a treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) and preparing for its potential commercialization. We are also looking to leverage our internal capabilities to advance additional innovative therapies which have the potential to change the lives of people with rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
We are looking for a motivated, organized and detail-oriented individual who would like to join our collaborative team. It is an exciting time of growth at Aurinia and we need top talent to support our finance team. Reporting to Aurinia’s Assistant Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk will work out of Aurinia’s Edmonton office*, in a team-focused manner providing data entry and daily administrative support. We are seeking a positive team player who can take direction, run with it, and has fantastic communication skills.
- Processing invoices and electronic payments.
- Keeping track of payments and expenditures and progress of contractual commitments.
- Analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries and charges expenses to accounts and cost centers.
- Reviewing employee expense reports in SAP Concur and processing for payment.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintaining historical records.
- Responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance.
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports.
- File system development and maintenance including printed and electronic records, ensuring information is secured and organized.
- Data Entry in the accounting software system.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of the information.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Superior attention to detail and highly organized; can provide timely, accurate and complete information.
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Reliable team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge required in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Two or more years’ experience in a data entry and/or accounts payable role.
- Bookkeeping or accounting certificate, an asset.
- Experience using SAP Concur or Oracle NetSuite, an asset.
*Please note this position is an office based position in Edmonton but that due to COVID-19, office attendance may not be required.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.