Parts Manager - #24895
- San Gabriel, CA, USA
For over 45 years, Service King has been a collision repair operator of choice, with 335 locations in 24 states with a mission to provide a secure, fulfilling workplace that motivates our teammates to deliver safe, superior repairs with excellent customer service.
The Parts Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the repair process is completed correctly and in a timely manner. Parts Managers orders, receives, processes and monitors parts throughout the repair process. This position will work closely with General Manager, Repair Planner and Body Technicians serving as the single point of contact for parts related issues within the shop. This position requires strong attention to detail, organization and communication skills.
- Manage and complete all parts ordering: Quickly and accurately order parts based on initial estimates and supplements; Communicate with parts vendors to order parts as needed; Partner with Repair Planners to ensure parts accuracy
- Monitor deliveries: Regularly track parts status and communicate with vendor on parts status as needed; Update Repair Planner accordingly
- Receive and check in parts: Receive and mirror match delivered parts to repair orders and ensure all parts are placed and accounted for on the parts cart
- Inspect delivered parts for quality: Inspect parts for damage upon delivery within two hours of expected drop off
- Return incorrect parts: Return incorrect parts immediately to the vendor
- Drive parts related KPIs: Monitor parts margin, pending credits, shop consumables inventory and material spend; Communicate to General Manager as needed to discuss optimization
- Coordinate parts invoicing: Ensure parts invoices are posted daily in Service King’s estimating platform – make corrections as necessary
- Support Body Technicians with parts knowledge: Supply reference materials to Technicians to ensure proper parts usage as needed; Keep up on laws and regulations of parts installation
- Lead Parts Team (if applicable): Serve as a mentor and direct the activities of the Parts Assistant
- Teamwork – Builds strong relationships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared goals; Strengthens relationships by promoting mutual trust and supporting
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet and exceed commitments; Focuses on quality results, monitors progress, learns from mistakes, and strives for
- Results Driven – Can be counted on to drive pace to achieve results and consistently meet or exceed expectations; Executes priorities with a focus on critical work to achieve targeted
- Sound Judgment – Makes good decisions by analyzing the situation, leveraging experience, and using available information; Objectively evaluates problems, discovers root causes, and works toward timely
- Customer Focus – Maintains a relentless focus on customers and is committed to the continuous improvement of services; Keeps internal and external customers in mind at all times and strives to proactively address customer concerns and
- Attention to Detail – Ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently
- Organization – Ability to arrange workplaces, materials in a systematic way
- Stress Tolerance – Ability to perform well under pressure; ability to undertake multiple projects at one time without getting overwhelmed
- Ability to Work Independently – Ability to perform tasks, take action and complete projects without any assistance or help of others
- High School Diploma or E.D.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience in a parts capacity in the automotive industry
- Ability to read and understand instructions, written estimates and work orders
- Proficient knowledge and use of estimating software
- Experience working at high-volume collision repair center in a parts capacity
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working at a high-volume collision repair center in a parts capacity
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a parts capacity in the automotive industry
- Prior experience working in CCC ONE Total Repair Platform
This role is based in a shop environment. During the repair process physical activity such as kneeling, bending, squatting, lifting above shoulders, standing for long periods of time is a part of daily activity. Also the role involves repetitive tasks involving manual dexterity and lifting heavy objects. Must be able to push/pull parts carts and cars with assistance.
Working environment consists of: Exposure to fumes, chemicals, dust, along with high levels of noise as well as regularly exposed to working near moving mechanical parts. Subject to weather conditions both inside and outside.
Service King provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.