- Remote, Home Office, United States
- Department: Finance
Aurinia exists to make a difference in transforming people’s lives by delivering innovative treatments to patients living with serious, rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve applied an inventive, thoughtful, and responsible approach to developing therapies for people in need. Through our dedication, we relentlessly preserve and execute with integrity to reach our main objective, to improve patients’ health.
In addition to driving adoption of our approved therapy, LUPKYNIS™, for appropriate people with lupus nephritis, we are also actively pursuing a broader portfolio of innovative drugs for autoimmune disease.
Our strategy leverages the skills and knowledge of our incredible team and our deep experience in principled drug development and commercialization. Aurinia provides a working environment where individuals can thrive in a professional, creative, and inspirational atmosphere. Together, we are driven to make an impact for our patient communities as advocates and partners in innovation.
We are seeking a Procurement Manager to support and manage the sourcing and procurement activities for clinical and commercial product supply, sales and marketing initiatives and general business functions. These include activities related to the procurement of materials, equipment, and services for the company. This role manages the activities of procurement and sourcing to accomplish the company objectives, using cross-functional knowledge and strong working relationships with budget owners and stakeholders to optimize company spend and total cost of ownership. This role manages the entire life cycle of suppliers including identification, selection, on-boarding, and performance management, reviews and approves purchases as authorized, and supports stakeholders and budget owners in negotiating major contracts. Additionally, the Procurement Manager assists with the development of business processes and systems, policies and procedures for sourcing of all procurement categories (direct/indirect) in support of the business. This function drives cost management & reduction targets, schedule and performance aspects of vendors and contracts, and coordinates sourcing and procurement activities across departments to ensure that desired inventory, quality, and service levels meet business needs.
This role requires the development of strong collaborative and cooperative working relationships with team members across different functions and at different levels within the organization. The Manager of Procurement requires high sense of urgency, proactive approach, enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and a desire to help Aurinia succeed in improving the lives of patients.
• Manage the sourcing and procurement activities in support of all parts of the business.
• Support sourcing needs for all categories across the organization.
• Act as a point of contact between the company and the supplier
• Identity potential suppliers based on project requirements
• Negotiate pricing, contracts, terms and deadlines with suppliers
• Process purchase orders to acquire goods and services as required
• Manage the onboarding process for new suppliers
• Work closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms are favorable to the company.
• Manage the request for proposal (RFP) process (service provider identification, selection, bid review and analysis).
• Lead negotiation of required business terms and conditions of material purchasing contracts in close cooperation with the other departments to optimize cost, quality, and assurance of supply.
• Support multifunctional teams to manage strategic supplier performance to improve execution, establish performance metrics, and drive accountability for service level delivery.
• Support Quality Assurance as required to ensure new GxP vendors are in a qualified state
• Develop client-vendor relationships and obtain and maintain knowledge of the various sources of available goods and services in the field.
• Identify, manage and mitigate sourcing risks.
• Identify and implement procurement strategies to maintain efficient processes and systems
• Draft and review policy and procedures with key business stakeholders and strategic partners to improve the business
• Ensure new processes and systems are rolled out in a timely manner
• Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals
• Identify areas of improvement to continually drive performance and business results
• Conduct business review meetings with key suppliers to assess risk and review performance
• Teach and educate business owners about the procurement processes and systems
• Interview, hire and train personnel for procurement activities as required
• Perform advisory and technical support services to assigned departments
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• BS/BA degree in Business, Supply Chain/Procurement or related field and 10+ years of experience in sourcing, procurement, and category management in the pharmaceutical industry related to drug development, manufacturing, clinical operations, and marketing & sales.
• Proven management skills with experience building and sustaining sourcing teams.
• Strong knowledge of contracts, negotiation, vendor management, project management and sourcing strategies.
• Demonstrated experience with ERP systems and a desire to understand new technologies that could improve the procurement process.
• Knowledge of practical implications of Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
• Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and tools.
• Strong organizational and facilitation skills.
• People person, good at networking
• Ability to focus on immediate and urgent business needs while driving long term strategic plans, capability and organizational development.
• Proven ability to provide strategy, vision and direction regarding issues that may have company-wide impact
• Requires in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the company's goals. Possesses industry-leading knowledge of sourcing direct materials and services
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to manage workload and priorities to ensure critical project deadlines are met.
• Ability to travel and meet with suppliers as required
• Solid Computer skills: (Oracle, Microsoft Office applications)
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.