Marketing Director, Field Insights & Peer to Peer
- Remote, Home Office, United States
- Department: Commercial Marketing
Aurinia exists to make a difference in transforming people’s lives by delivering innovative treatments to patients living with serious, rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve applied an inventive, thoughtful, and responsible approach to developing therapies for people in need. Through our dedication, we relentlessly preserve and execute with integrity to reach our main objective, to improve patients’ health.
In addition to driving adoption of our approved therapy, LUPKYNIS™, for appropriate people with lupus nephritis, we are also actively pursuing a broader portfolio of innovative drugs for autoimmune disease.
Our strategy leverages the skills and knowledge of our incredible team and our deep experience in principled drug development and commercialization. Aurinia provides a working environment where individuals can thrive in a professional, creative, and inspirational atmosphere. Together, we are driven to make an impact for our patient communities as advocates and partners in innovation.
The Marketing Director, Field Insights & Peer to Peer, will be a key marketing role focused on cultivating HCP insights through field engagements & advisory boards, driving national congress activity, and leading peer to peer programs, including speaker bureau strategy and execution. This role will partner with cross functional stakeholders (Legal, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Marketing Operations, Regional Professional Relations and Field Sales) and external vendors to provide key, actionable insights and enable implementation of strategies and tactics aligned to established business goals and objectives.
• Lead and execute peer-to-peer marketing strategies and tactics in order to effectively and meaningfully educate and engage with our customers through in-person and virtual programs
• Partner with Marketing Operations on monitoring speaker program execution and executing program measurement
• Partner with Regional Professional Relations (RPR) team to develop and execute KOL strategies and develop communications and materials in support of RPR field engagements
• Gather HCP insights through field rides, leadership of field insights team, and other such engagements, to gain input into marketing strategy, tools and programs
• Develop and execute US advisory boards to inform key business questions and future brand promotional strategies and tactics
• Develop and execute the US National congress plan and align with appropriate internal partners on regional meetings.
• Own peer to peer budget for relevant tactics and closely monitor performance to ensure cost effective implementation of all deliverables.
• Engage with the HCP community to understand community challenges and opportunities, cultivate relationships with customers, develop deep market and customer insights, and support development of customized strategies to support ongoing marketing efforts across the brand
• Liaise and communicate with internal stakeholders, including medical affairs and RPRs, to share KOL engagement and ad board insights and significant activities, to ensure coordinated engagement for the customer
Experience & knowledge
• A minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical or healthcare marketing experience
• Bachelor's Degree required; MBA or other advanced degrees is preferred.
• Strong science background preferred
• Demonstrated experience and marketing success in rare disease
• Rheumatology and/or nephrology experience strongly preferred.
• Strong customer orientation and focus with proven ability to build meaningful experiences with HCPs by understanding their needs and desires.
• Knowledge and experience developing and executing face-to-face and virtual peer-to-peer marketing solutions directly in the biotech or pharma industry
• Strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
• Strongly collaborative spirit
• Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding goals and objectives
• Proven ability to handle and lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Proactive, results-oriented, self-starter
• Strong organizational and operational skills with attention to detail
• Strong written communication skills, presentation delivery, and interpersonal skills to be effective in a team environment.
• A solid compliance mindset and demonstrated integrity on the job.
• Ability to travel as required to meet business needs (~60%)
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.