Senior Director, Distribution and Channel Management
- Remote, Home Office, United States
- Department: Commercial Operations
Aurinia exists to make a difference. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve seen the potential in applying a creative, thoughtful and responsible approach to developing and commercializing therapies with a goal of changing the course for patients in disease areas that have been historically challenging to address. We Care, for our patients and our employees.
We are currently developing an investigational drug as a treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) and preparing for its potential commercialization. We are also looking to leverage our internal capabilities to advance additional innovative therapies which have the potential to change the lives of people with rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
The Senior Director of Distribution & Channel Management reports to the VP of Commercial Supply and Patient Services. This individual will be responsible for establishing and implementing operational strategy for specialty channel distribution across brands. This role will synthesize strategies from leadership into action plans for operational execution and provide oversight for all operational activities across the specialty channel. This role will be responsible for contracting strategy and execution for all specialty pharmacies (SPs), specialty distribution(s), third party logistics provider (3PL) and direct customers, as well as developing key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics, scorecards to measure impact, success, key deliverables and drive operational performance throughout the specialty care channel. This role will work closely internally with Patient Services, Finance, Supply Chain, Commercial Operations, Market Access, Sales, and externally with our distribution partners - 3PL, Wholesalers, Specialty Pharmacy, Specialty Distribution.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, highly collaborative, detail-oriented individual who is able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Design, Implement, and support the trade and distribution strategies, activities and services for Aurinia marketed products that yield optimum channel access with most efficient cost structures
• Direct the activities supporting inventory management for all Aurinia owned finished drug products at all stocking locations.
• Develop, implement and manage contract agreements, addendums and renewals with 3PL, Specialty Pharmacies and Specialty Distributor(s)
• Develop specialty pharmacy (SP) contracting strategy around data, enhanced services, service level agreements, and key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Manage the relationships with our SPs, SDs, and other strategic partners in a compliant manner and ensure that they adhere to contractual requirements around service level agreements and other identified performance metrics
• Conduct onsite training and continuous review of the Aurinia distribution service model including serving as the lead training resource on distribution for the commercial team, and patient services partners
• Manage state licensing project and renewals with third party consultants
• Collaborate with Manufacturing team to support product supply and channel inventory forecasting
• Manage day to day operations and activities with 3PL, Specialty Pharmacies and Specialty Distributor(s)
• Partner with Commercial Insight team to develop reporting strategy and deliverables for operational, KPI, and ad hoc reports
• Oversee Aurinia’s order to cash and return goods processes and ensure appropriate systems are in place to manage these processes in accordance to SOX regulations and coordinate audits with finance.
• Ensure that Aurinia meets GDP guidelines within all areas of the channel and coordinate audits with QA
• This individual will work closely with internal stakeholders such as Patient Services, Supply Chain, Marketing, Market Access, Finance, Training, Medical, and Legal (as needed) to ensure trade activities are coordinated and occur in accordance with brand strategies & company policy
• Ensure distribution partners is within compliance with all Aurinia SOPs pertaining to pharmacovigilance, quality compliant reporting, and quality standards
• Create, implement and lead the S&OP committee to set an aspect of supply chain planning whose goal is the creation of a unified, consensus-based business plan. Leading a cross-functional collaboration results in plans that all stakeholders understand and are committed to supporting for Aurinia success. Manage the ongoing renewal of any required state licenses for distribution
• Work with Finance to ensure accurate and on-time payment of all service fees to channel service partners.
• Provide monthly timely and accurate input to the Accounting department for proper booking of accruals and other related entries on gross-to-net
• Oversee the implementation and administration of Commercial contracts: manage all chargeback transactions and member lists, and pricing changes within 3PL Customer Service systems.
• Ensure compliance with contractual terms, conditions and obligations throughout all customer channels
• Bachelor’s degree and/or appropriate experience required
• 10+ years Commercial Biotech/Pharmaceuticals industry experience a must. Commercial product launch experience preferred
• 5+years of specific experience in working with specialty distribution models, specialty pharmacy(s) and trade and distribution management preferred
• Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical pricing structures with the ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently
• Proven ability to partner with and coordinate interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues resolutions and projects to conclusion
• Excellent project management and written and verbal skills
• Possess unquestioned integrity and strong business ethics and ensure rigorous corporate compliance in all activities and communications.
• Strong understanding and commitment to customer service
• Excellent Power Point, Excel, Visio skills – ability to develop a strong graphical message to report on the group’s performance
• Team player with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to contribute through open channels of communication and fostering collaborative relationships.
• Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority setting in order to complete assignments on-time
• Deeply committed to accuracy and pride in attention to detail and creative approach to problem-solving
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.