Senior Director, HCP Marketing
- Remote, Home Office, United States
- Department: Commercial Marketing
Aurinia exists to make a difference in transforming people’s lives by delivering innovative treatments to patients living with serious, rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve applied an inventive, thoughtful, and responsible approach to developing therapies for people in need. Through our dedication, we relentlessly preserve and execute with integrity to reach our main objective, to improve patients’ health.
In addition to driving adoption of our approved therapy, LUPKYNIS™, for appropriate people with lupus nephritis, we are also actively pursuing a broader portfolio of innovative drugs for autoimmune disease.
Our strategy leverages the skills and knowledge of our incredible team and our deep experience in principled drug development and commercialization. Aurinia provides a working environment where individuals can thrive in a professional, creative, and inspirational atmosphere. Together, we are driven to make an impact for our patient communities as advocates and partners in innovation.
As the Senior Director, HCP marketing, for LUPKYNIS, you will be responsible for developing the strategy as well as leading & tracking the execution of all U.S. HCP marketing efforts focused directly on healthcare professionals, including rheumatologists, nephrologists, and nurses. This person will have extensive rare disease experience as well as experience executing both personal and non-personal promotion. This individual will collaborate with cross-functional leaders across Sales, Training, Regional Professional Relations, Patient Services, Commercial Operations, & Medical to ensure robust planning and strong strategic execution to drive uptake of LUPKYNIS in lupus nephritis. This will be a leadership position on the marketing team, with an opportunity to mentor and grow direct reports. We are looking for a dynamic, performance-driven leader to work out of our US Commercial Headquarters in Rockville, MD, or remote to develop and execute focused, patient-centered marketing plans to drive better outcomes for people living with Lupus Nephritis.
- Facilitate development and execution of HCP-directed promotional plans and programs that optimizes the full commercial potential of LUPKYNIS and ensures continued uptake in appropriate patients
- Provide oversight for the development and execution of unbranded disease education initiatives
- Work cross functionally on the development of strategies and tactics to support patient services and the field-based access team
- Lead the annual brand plan process by working cross functionally to develop key brand strategies/critical success factors & coordinate tactical planning efforts
- Oversee HCP marketing budget, making recommendations and managing trade-off decisions, as well as ensuring that all marketing programs are executed effectively with a strong ROI and within budget
- Work with cross functional partners to define KPIs and analyze performance of key commercial programs on an ongoing basis
- Partner with regulatory, medical, compliance and legal through the development and approval phases of all materials
- Ideate, develop and launch novel educational and promotional initiatives that will inspire significant behavioral change in Lupus Nephritis
- Foster strong partnerships with medical affairs, market access, marketing operations, sales, market research, legal, regulatory, advocacy and other functions to ensure aligned objectives, understanding and implementation of the brand strategies and field resources, including branded & unbranded tools
- Partner and collaborate with agency partners to ensure marketing excellence across tactics and deliverables
- Collaborate with Market Research to identify and leverage deep, actionable customer insights
- A minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical or healthcare marketing experience
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA or other advanced degrees is preferred.
- US Launch experience
- Demonstrated experience and marketing success in rare disease
- Rheumatology and/or nephrology experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience (leading a team with direct reports, and/or significant enterprise/matrix leadership)
- Strongly collaborative spirit
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding goals and objectives
- Experience developing actionable customer insights, and ensuring insights are brought to life through all marketing efforts from strategy development to implementation
- Proven ability to handle and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing external agencies and working collaboratively with medical/legal/regulatory review teams
- Strong organizational and operational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to align with field leadership and team members to obtain input on launch strategies and tactics
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong written communication skills, presentation delivery, and interpersonal skills to be effective in a team environment.
- A solid compliance mindset and demonstrated integrity on the job.
- Ability to travel as required to meet business needs (~20%)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.