- Rockville, MARYLAND, United States
- Department: Finance
Aurinia exists to make a difference in transforming people’s lives by delivering innovative treatments to patients living with serious, rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve applied an inventive, thoughtful, and responsible approach to developing therapies for people in need. Through our dedication, we relentlessly preserve and execute with integrity to reach our main objective, to improve patients’ health.
In addition to driving adoption of our approved therapy, LUPKYNIS™, for appropriate people with lupus nephritis, we are also actively pursuing a broader portfolio of innovative drugs for autoimmune disease.
Our strategy leverages the skills and knowledge of our incredible team and our deep experience in principled drug development and commercialization. Aurinia provides a working environment where individuals can thrive in a professional, creative, and inspirational atmosphere. Together, we are driven to make an impact for our patient communities as advocates and partners in innovation.
As a member of the dynamic and collaborative finance team, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for a variety of facets of commercial accounting. They are responsible for revenue recognition, gross to net adjustment, monthly inventory verification, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, analyzing balance sheet accounts, as well as facilitating the monthly close by preparing the necessary adjusting entries. The person in this position will be encouraged to contribute to the overall development of the organization by contributing ideas and fostering teamwork.
- Facilitates and completes monthly close procedures
- Analyzes revenues, gross to net adjustments, cost of goods sold, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Performs and assists in documentation and monitoring SOX key controls and ensure no gaps or deficiencies in the operation of key controls
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual accounting entries, reporting and reconciliations
- Prepares monthly inventory reconciliations as well as standard cost variance adjustments
- Prepares royalty calculations
- Prepares cash reconciliations, gross to net revenue reconciliations, fixed asset reconciliations, and all other balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepares fixed asset depreciation entries. Updates the accounting system for additions and disposals.
- Prepares journal entries, as needed, for input into general ledger system
- Assists with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and reports on variances
- Assists with quarterly and yearly financial and tax audits
- Assists with intercompany transfer pricing reconciliations
- Assists with US Treasury functions
- Mentors and works closely with all members of the team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Formulates and provides guidance with regards to accounting policies
- Other duties and special projects as assigned that support the business and accounting team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience
- CPA designation or working towards
- Pharma/Biotech experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Net Suite, Concur or other comparable systems is preferred
- Team player and positive work ethic
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines, working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.