Accounts Payable Clerk
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
- Department: Finance
Aurinia exists to make a difference in transforming people’s lives by delivering innovative treatments to patients living with serious, rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve applied an inventive, thoughtful, and responsible approach to developing therapies for people in need. Through our dedication, we relentlessly preserve and execute with integrity to reach our main objective, to improve patients’ health.
In addition to driving adoption of our approved therapy, LUPKYNIS™, for appropriate people with lupus nephritis, we are also actively pursuing a broader portfolio of innovative drugs for autoimmune disease.
Our strategy leverages the skills and knowledge of our incredible team and our deep experience in principled drug development and commercialization. Aurinia provides a working environment where individuals can thrive in a professional, creative, and inspirational atmosphere. Together, we are driven to make an impact for our patient communities as advocates and partners in innovation.
We are looking for a motivated, organized and detail-oriented individual who would like to join our collaborative team. It is an exciting time of growth at Aurinia and we need top talent to support our finance team. Reporting to Aurinia’s Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Clerk will work out of Aurinia’s Edmonton office*, in a team-focused manner providing data entry and daily administrative support. We are seeking a positive team player who can take direction, run with it, and has fantastic communication skills.
- Processing invoices and electronic payments.
- Keeping track of payments and expenditures and progress of contractual commitments.
- Analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries and charges expenses to accounts and cost centers.
- Reviewing employee expense reports in SAP Concur and processing for payment.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintaining historical records.
- Responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance.
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports.
- File system development and maintenance including printed and electronic records, ensuring information is secured and organized.
- Data Entry in the accounting software system.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of the information.
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Experience using SAP Concur or Oracle NetSuite, an asset.
- 5+ years’ experience in a data entry and/or accounts payable role.
- Superior attention to detail and highly organized; can provide timely, accurate and complete information.
- Reliable team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knowledge required in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bookkeeping or accounting certificate, an asset.
*We follow the guidance of the Alberta government with respect to COVID-19.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines