- Rockville, MARYLAND, United States
- Department: Commercial Operations
Aurinia exists to make a difference in transforming people’s lives by delivering innovative treatments to patients living with serious, rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve applied an inventive, thoughtful, and responsible approach to developing therapies for people in need. Through our dedication, we relentlessly preserve and execute with integrity to reach our main objective, to improve patients’ health.
In addition to driving adoption of our approved therapy, LUPKYNIS™, for appropriate people with lupus nephritis, we are also actively pursuing a broader portfolio of innovative drugs for autoimmune disease.
Our strategy leverages the skills and knowledge of our incredible team and our deep experience in principled drug development and commercialization. Aurinia provides a working environment where individuals can thrive in a professional, creative, and inspirational atmosphere. Together, we are driven to make an impact for our patient communities as advocates and partners in innovation.
Aurinia is looking for an enthusiastic Administrative Assistant (AA) to jump in and provide high-level support to the commercial organization as a member of the Administrative team. The Administrative Assistant responds to senior level contacts in a sensitive, expeditious manner, maintaining confidentiality and attending to the appropriate protocol in interaction with internal staff, external stakeholders and the general public.
- Manage calendars and schedule meetings as required
- Coordinates travel arrangements utilizing the company travel system (Concur) by following the Travel & Expense Policy
- Processes expense claims, invoices and other associated business meeting expenses accurately following the authorization matrix and company expense policy
- Coordinates logistics for meetings such as conference facilities, catering, boardroom bookings, providing support for teleconference/video conferences and on/off-site meetings
- Prepares, proofreads and edits correspondence, reports, minutes and agendas to ensure accuracy and completeness for quality, tone and consistency
- Responds to information requests, preparing the necessary documentation and ensuring follow-up actions
- Works independently under limited supervision to organize workload effectively and efficiently
- Maintains a high level of accuracy and consistency in materials being presented for approval
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships, provide service excellence to clients and works collaboratively within the Administrative team, engaging in strategic thinking and participating in discussions regarding effective systems and communication
- Uses a high degree of discretion and judgement to determine priorities
- Administration/Reception coverage as needed
- Back-up coverage during absences to other members of the extended Administrative team
- Have a thorough understanding of the business and department organization structure, policies, goals, and objectives
- At least three years of administrative support in a dynamic and high growth organization
- Experience working in an environment with confidential and sensitive information
- High degree of judgement and initiative with knowledge and application of best practices in business administration
- In-depth understanding and skills in the entire MS Office suite is required, familiarity with Docusign is an asset
- Experience with Concur or applicable travel/expense software
- Past experience supporting commercial professionals is an asset
- Experience working in a distributed work environment is an asset
- Ability to remain calm, and demonstrate sound judgment while working under pressure
- A proactive approach to supporting executives, always thinking ahead
- Able to consistently live Aurinia’s core We Care values of creating opportunity, acting responsibly, relentlessly perservering and executing with integrity
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines