Marketing Operations (Contractor)
- Rockville, MARYLAND, United States
- Department: Commercial Operations
Aurinia exists to make a difference. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve seen the potential in applying a creative, thoughtful and responsible approach to developing and commercializing therapies with a goal of changing the course for patients in disease areas that have been historically challenging to address. We Care, for our patients and our employees.
We are currently commercializing a treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) in the United States and preparing for potential commercialization of this compound in the EU, UK, Russia and Japan with Otsuka Pharmaceutical. We are also looking to leverage our internal capabilities to advance additional innovative therapies which have the potential to change the lives of people with rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
The Manager, Marketing Operations, as the content SME, will work alongside the Director to enhance and execute Aurinia Marketing Operations function. This role will ensure superior planning, governance, and support functions to allow core marketing functions to focus on delivering value. The role will work in close partnership with cross functional partners including brand marketing, field sales, medical, and other functions, to support execution of integrated speaker program strategy. The focus will be on end-to-end marketing optimization— from planning and budgeting to execution and analysis. This will be a full-time Contractor role for 6 months.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Operations this role will support the enhancement of delivery in the following strategic areas:
- Speaker Programs Operations
- Business Planning, Reporting, And Performance Insights
- Events and Meetings Management
Speaker Programs Operations
- Responsible for collaboration with internal teams on speaker identification, contracting, and performance management of Speaker Bureau.
- Build speaker program training for internal/external stakeholders.
- Support of field speaker programming execution, metrics creation and tracking, and Honoria management.
- Responsible for management of branded and unbranded disease materials (ex. PowerPoint assets, etc.).
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams to strategically identify and prioritize market challenges/barriers and implement new solutions.
Business Planning, Reporting, And Performance Insights
- Develop and maintain a centralized mechanism for tracking and highlighting operational and utilization metrics to showcase marketing promotional campaigns and activities.
- Help create communication support as needed between the marketing team and field sales teams to including direction, education, and status of marketing initiatives
- Create and deliver an aligned quarterly reviews process of Marketing Ops tactics and vendors.
- Analyze existing data and information as well as historical trends in order to provide early insights into best practices and new trends that guarantee data quality across marketing metrics and operations.
- Partner to facilitate annual discussions and feedback sessions to implement system and process efficiencies
- Events and Meetings Management
- Support Congress, trades show, etc logistics as needed
- Create a strategic plan for how to deliver impactful internal events with training and field effectiveness teams.
- 3+ years cross-functional operations and/or marketing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Independent worker with demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, leadership, and project management skills
- Ability to multitask with demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated competency using information technology
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to influence customers with and without authority
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- 1-3 years of pharmaceutical or related experience preferred
- Experience working with a collaboration/external partner, vendors
- Understanding of the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products in the US
- Understanding of the US Healthcare environment
- Previous Agency and/or brand marketing experience
- Previous experience in Speaker program and event management
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines