- 17904 105 Ave NW #201, Edmonton, AB, Canada
- Department: Finance
Aurinia exists to make a difference. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve seen the potential in applying a creative, thoughtful and responsible approach to developing and commercializing therapies with a goal of changing the course for patients in disease areas that have been historically challenging to address. We Care, for our patients and our employees.
We are currently commercializing a treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) in the United States and preparing for potential commercialization of this compound in the EU, UK, Russia and Japan with Otsuka Pharmaceutical. We are also looking to leverage our internal capabilities to advance additional innovative therapies which have the potential to change the lives of people with rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
The Senior Accountant will provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. They will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances. The incumbent will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers. Known for attention to detail, the Senior Accountant enjoys being a collaborative team player, working in a dynamic environment of change and growth. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department, aiding in company decision making and ultimately long-term corporate success.
- Generate monthly and quarterly working papers and balance sheet/income statement reconciliations to support and verify general ledger account balances.
- Prepare and post accurate and timely journal entries.
- Record bank transactions and perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Keep track and perform monthly investment reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly GST returns.
- Assist with review and tracking of expenses.
- Support operation of internal control procedures.
- Assist with the documentation of the internal and external audit process.
- Assist with various accounting projects, duties and special tasks.
- Support Accounting Manager, Controller and CFO as required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a related role.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. Comm) in Accounting or Finance considered an asset.
- Working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Good understanding and knowledge of accrual accounting.
- Proficient skills in the Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Oracle NetSuite considered an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure while keeping avenues of communication open with teammates.
- Exceptional work ethic and time management skills.
- Resourceful and innovative in approach to work. Ability to prioritize multi-competing commitments while remaining flexible.
- Positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to consistently exhibit Aurinia’s values of acting responsibly, relentlessly persevering, executing with integrity and creating opportunity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.