Senior Manager, Commercial Financial Planning & Analysis
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: Finance
Aurinia exists to make a difference. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve seen the potential in applying a creative, thoughtful and responsible approach to developing and commercializing therapies with a goal of changing the course for patients in disease areas that have been historically challenging to address. We Care, for our patients and our employees.
We are currently commercializing a treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) in the United States and preparing for potential commercialization of this compound in the EU, UK, Russia and Japan with Otsuka Pharmaceutical. We are also looking to leverage our internal capabilities to advance additional innovative therapies which have the potential to change the lives of people with rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
Aurinia is seeking a Senior Manager, Commercial Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to join the growing Finance team. The Senior Manager, Commercial FP&A will report to the Vice President, FP&A and will provide strong financial planning and business partnering support to Aurinia’s Commercial and Supply Chain teams. This role will serve as the operational main point of contact to the functions within the Commercial and Supply Chain organizations in developing and managing the annual budget and the quarterly re-forecasts and will lead the preparation and presentation of monthly financial performance reviews to the department heads and leadership. This role will also partner with the sales forecast team to develop and maintain critical and highly visible revenue tracking tools in support of the launch of Lupkynis™ and will play a key role in developing the governance around the updates to senior leadership. The candidate should have experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and should be able to contribute immediately leveraging past deep experience and be ready to hit the ground running.
- Serve as the lead finance business partner for the Commercial and Supply Chain department heads and provide support in building the annual expense budget and quarterly rolling forecast updates and ensuring the timely integration into plan.
- Prepare a monthly consolidated reporting package for Commercial and Supply Chain functions to highlight key business results & insights and present results to the VP of FP&A and team.
- Work with the sales forecast team to continuously develop and maintain the sales forecasts, properly track to actuals and ensure timely integration of updates into the company wide budget, rolling forecast and long-term planning process.
- Quickly develop revenue tracking tools and flash reporting to properly communicate revenue performance and support key decisions in this area. Lead the development of governance in this area.
- Develop gross to net forecasting and liaise with the commercial accounting team and commercial counterparts to ensure proper accounting and tracking of gross-to-net reserves.
- Partner with the Sales Ops team on the close monitoring of sales force incentives and other spend and provide analytical decision support in these areas.
- Support the VP, FP&A and team in the annual long-term planning process.
- Collaborate with the FP&A team and key stakeholders to continue to develop and refine value-added internal management reporting.
- Communicate and collaborate with key internal stakeholders to assess and anticipate needs and new opportunities to add value and support better decision making.
- Partner with the Commercial and Supply Chain department heads to ensure proper headcount planning.
- Review Commercial and Supply chain contracts and purchase orders for financial terms and to ensure inclusion in the plan.
- Perform monthly reviews of open contracts with department heads to obtain accrual information and book journal entries to ensure all contracts are properly accounted for.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance or Accounting; plus CPA/CFA, MBA or graduate finance degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 12-15 years of successive experience across various financial disciplines with demonstrated success and growth, preferably within a high growth environment.
- Minimum 7 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional projects to completion.
- Deep experience specific to detailed revenue forecasting and actuals reporting and gross to net accounting is required. Early launch experience is a plus.
- Systems experience with Planful, Host Analytics, NetSuite or similar type of software is strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and superb presentation skills.
- Hands-on individual who can interface with all levels of the company in a collaborative manner with the ability to work across multiple finance disciplines.
- Solutions oriented problem solver.
- Solid business acumen.
- Ability to work cross functionally and cross culturally.
- Ability to travel: approximately 10%.
- Ability to consistently exhibit Aurinia’s We Care values of creating opportunity, acting responsibly, relentlessly persevering, and executing with integrity in all work and interactions with employees at all levels of the organization, as well as with vendors and customers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.