HR Business Partner (Contractor)
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Human Resources
Aurinia exists to make a difference. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve seen the potential in applying a creative, thoughtful and responsible approach to developing and commercializing therapies with a goal of changing the course for patients in disease areas that have been historically challenging to address. We Care, for our patients and our employees.
We are currently commercializing a treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) in the United States and preparing for potential commercialization of this compound in the EU, UK, Russia and Japan with Otsuka Pharmaceutical. We are also looking to leverage our internal capabilities to advance additional innovative therapies which have the potential to change the lives of people with rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
The temporary Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for supporting the Senior HRBP in all facets of human resources with a specific emphasis on recruiting, onboarding, driving a positive employee culture, change management and communication, performance management and employee development while current employee is on leave. The HRBP must demonstrate a high-level of integrity, a strong depth of knowledge of human resources policies and practices, and a pro-active approach to business partnerships. Must be willing to roll up their sleeves in a dynamic ever-changing environment to complete a balance of tactical and strategic work in a start-up environment.
- Build effective and strong business relationships with all internal clients. Proactively work with managers at all levels to identify HR issues and devise creative solutions aligned to business objectives.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers, such as coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Execute recruiting plans to meet the workforce needs of Aurinia in Sales positions.
- Play an active role in the interviewing and selection of talent for Aurinia.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Assist with Training and Development efforts for Aurinia. Identify unique opportunities and develop workshops as needed.
- Collaborate with other HR functions (HR Operations, CAN HRBP, NxtThing Recruitment, etc.) as well as corporate functions (i.e., Sales Training, Compliance, etc.) to jointly develop and manage an integrated HR strategy.
- Partner Senior HRBP with Performance Management team on year-end processes.
- Works in partnership with Senior Director, HRBP on various items to streamline processes
- Special Projects, other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), PHR or SPHR credential preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of Human Resources specific experience in multiple human resource disciplines including talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, leadership development and federal and state respective labor practices and employment laws.
- Candidates must possess a demonstrated track record of influencing leaders, navigating ambiguous environments, culture improvements, and must be adept at leading and managing change.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies is required.
- Must have strong business acumen to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Strong ethical approach to resolving employee issues is required, as is the ability to remain impartial and objective.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Visio and SharePoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for developing communications, coupled with strong listening, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, coupled with organizational, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.