Assembly Operator - 1st Shift
- LaFayette, GA 30728, USA
- Department: GE Roper
HIRING NOW - Immediate openings available
Hourly Pay: Starting at $15.00/hour ($1/hour additional shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift) with pay progression and bid job opportunities for growth. Overtime pays time and one-half.
Make it at Roper and Hire to Retire! Join the Roper Corporation team in a high-energy, production facility environment, as an essential worker! Help serve our communities by ensuring people can make meals for their families. At Roper Corp, we are an inclusive and diverse, family oriented, high performing organization. We are passionate about creating good things for life and creating career possibilities for you! You can Make It @ Roper! You can go home better than you came in.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for all employees. To name a few of our safety measures, we are providing and requiring face masks daily. We have installed state of the art thermal camera temperature checks stations at each entrance location and enhanced cleaning procedures. We also provide all necessary Personal Protective Equipment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Four (4) Reasons you will love working at Roper Corporation!
1. 100% Tuition reimbursement & career development opportunities
2. Paid vacation days and holidays
3. On site wellness center, affordable health insurance, workout tracks and equipment, vision, dental, company paid life insurance and more
4. Amazing 401(k) where you can receive a match that is more than you save
What you will experience in manufacturing:
- Work around moving machines – robots, forklifts, tuggers, etc.
- Use technology to help you succeed – smart boards, tv screens, kiosks on the shop floor
- Transfer, operate and adjust production equipment
- Rotation among jobs and lines at the same location – get to know all aspects of our production process
- Fast-paced, team work environment with awesome team members
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- You must be 18 years of age or older (17 if a work based learning high school student)
- You must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- You must pass a background check, drug screening and medical/physical demand screening
- You must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation, including, but not limited to: prolonged standing; frequently handling various parts for assembly; frequent walking, reaching at waist level, pushing/pulling, grasping/squeezing, pinching, fine motor dexterity, neck flexion, and using air tools; occasionally sitting, reaching overhead, reaching at shoulder level, reaching at knee and floor level, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, ladder/stair climbing, pivoting, twisting, neck extension/rotation, and using vibratory tools. Handling and lifting of parts and/or equipment (minimum of 42 lbs. lifting/carrying and 25 lbs. pushing/pulling is required).
Roper Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.