Manufacturing Production Team Member - Full Time - 3rd Shift
- Louisville, KY, USA
At GE Appliances, we make life better by designing and building the world's best appliances. From design to production to service, our goal is to help people improve their lives at home.
We value teamwork, innovation, reliability, speed and, above all, a passion to help people. Each of our appliances is designed purposefully with our consumers in mind. We make refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters.
HIRING NOW - Immediate openings available. No resumes or previous work experience required.
Join the GE Appliances team in a high-energy, production facility environment, as an essential worker! Help serve our communities by ensuring people can store food and medicines, make meals for their families, and eliminate germs on their clothes and dishes. At Appliance Park, where we have five appliance factories and our corporate office with our very own zip code, 40225. We are passionate about creating good things, for life and creating career possibilities for you! You can Make It @ The Park!
We are committed to providing a safe environment for all employees. To name a few of our safety measures, we are providing and requiring face masks daily, installed state of the art thermal camera temperature checks stations at each building location and enhanced cleaning procedures. We also provide all necessary Personal Protective Equipment.
Hourly Pay: Starting at $14.50/hour - additional incentives including a hiring bonus.
Approximate shift times are 8pm-4am (*Shifts vary slightly by building and assignment).
5 Reasons you will love working at GE Appliances!
· First day medical, dental and vision benefits
· Tuition reimbursement & career development,
· Paid vacation, holiday and personal time
· On site medical clinic and athletic center
· Inclusion and diversity in our workplace – join one of our Affinity Networks to connect with your fellow team members
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Work around moving machines – robots, forklifts, tuggers, etc.
· Use technology to help you succeed – smart boards, tv screens, kiosks on the shop floor
· Transfer, operate and adjust production equipment
· Rotation among jobs and factories at the same location – get to know all aspects of our production process
· Fast-paced, group work environment
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
· You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
· You must be 18 years of age or older
· You must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
· You must pass a background check, drug screening and medical/physical demand screening
· You must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation, including, but not limited to: prolonged standing; frequently handling various parts for assembly; frequent walking, reaching at waist level, pushing/pulling, grasping/squeezing, pinching, fine motor dexterity, neck flexion, and using air tools; occasionally sitting, reaching overhead, reaching at shoulder level, reaching at knee and floor level, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, ladder/stair climbing, pivoting, twisting, neck extension/rotation, and using vibratory tools. Handling and lifting of parts and/or equipment (minimum of 42 lbs. lifting/carrying and 25 lbs. pushing/pulling is required).
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.