Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: Finance
We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational therapy, for the treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) and other proteinuric diseases. We are also advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES). And we are actively hunting for other innovative drugs which have the potential to change the lives of people with rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
We are seeking a Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement to oversee and manage the sourcing and procurement activities for clinical and commercial product supply, sales and marketing initiatives and general business functions. These include activities related to the procurement of materials, equipment, and services for the company. This role directs the activities of procurement and sourcing to accomplish the company objectives, using cross-functional knowledge and strong working relationships with budget owners and stakeholders to optimize company spend and total cost of ownership. This role oversees the entire life cycle of suppliers including identification, selection, on-boarding, and performance management, reviews and approves purchases as authorized, and supports stakeholders and budget owners in negotiating major contracts.
Additionally, the Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement develops business processes and systems, policies and procedures for sourcing of all procurement categories (direct/indirect) in support of the business. This function drives cost management & reduction targets, schedule and performance aspects of vendors and contracts, and coordinates sourcing and procurement activities across departments to ensure that desired inventory, quality, and service levels meet business needs. This role requires the development of strong collaborative and cooperative working relationships with team members across different functions and at different levels within the organization.
The Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail and a desire to help Aurinia succeed in improving the lives of patients.
- Build out procurement processes, systems and infrastructure to oversee and manage the sourcing and procurement activities in support of all parts of the business.
- Leads and manages sourcing and procurement business processes and systems, including procedures, guidelines and templates based on the existing system and develops and implements process and systems improvement methodologies and performance metrics.
- Acts as the lead point of contact for sourcing needs across the entire company.
- Development and management of category strategies, risk mitigation, market analysis, negotiation planning, competitive price and cost analysis, financial analysis, contract development and supplier management.
- Works with planning to ensure appropriate contractual structure to ensure raw material supply plan will meet forecasted production demand and safety stock required by inventory strategy.
- Establishes raw material governance to ensure involvement of all key stakeholders.
- Tracks de-risk progress and cost savings/cost avoidance.
- Supports tactical and strategic initiatives to deliver short- and long-term company objectives and in alignment with sourcing and procurement principles, processes and policies.
- Guides the request for proposal (RFP) process (service provider identification, selection, bid review and analysis). • Facilitates negotiation of business terms and conditions and directs the management of all company's purchasing contracts in close cooperation with the other departments to optimize cost, quality, and assurance of supply.
- Supports multifunctional teams to manage strategic supplier performance to improve execution, establish performance metrics, and drive accountability for service level delivery.
- Works with Quality Assurance to ensure appropriate Quality Agreements are incorporated into Master Supply Agreements.
- Develops client-vendor relationships and obtains and maintains knowledge of the various sources of available goods and services in the field.
- Coordinates maintenance of up-to-date records for all purchasing contracts, including pricing and terms.
- Identifies, manages and mitigates sourcing risks.
- Supports and coordinates discounts policies with key vendors.
- Follow both internal and external compliance requirements and utilize Fair Market Value (FMV) and risk-based approaches.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Business, Supply Chain/Procurement or related field and 15+ years of experience in sourcing, procurement, and category management in the pharmaceutical industry related to drug development, manufacturing, clinical operations, and marketing & sales.
- Extensive leadership experience, including driving the development of employees
- Proven management skills with experience building and sustaining sourcing teams.
- Advanced knowledge of contracts, negotiation, vendor management, and sourcing strategies.
- Demonstrated experience with ERP systems and a desire to understand new technologies that could improve the procurement process.
- Knowledge of practical implications of Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and tools.
- A focus on creating a sustainable pattern of procurement.
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills.
- High degree of customer focus.
- Ability to focus on immediate and urgent business needs while driving long term strategic plans, capability and organizational development.
- Proven ability to provide strategy, vision and direction regarding issues that may have company-wide impact
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies, and the company's goals. Possesses industry-leading knowledge of sourcing direct materials and services
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.