Systems Administrator, Cloud/SaaS Systems
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: IT
Aurinia exists to make a difference. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve seen the potential in applying a creative, thoughtful and responsible approach to developing and commercializing therapies with a goal of changing the course for patients in disease areas that have been historically challenging to address. We Care, for our patients and our employees.
We are currently developing an investigational drug as a treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) and preparing for its potential commercialization. We are also looking to leverage our internal capabilities to advance additional innovative therapies which have the potential to change the lives of people with rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
The System Administrator at Aurinia combines technical skillset with patience, the ability to prioritize and a desire to support the team to succeed in improving the lives of patients. In this role, working with external service providers, you will be responsible for the overall health and performance of our cloud environments and SaaS applications.
You’ll support cross-functional team members by configuring and testing functionality, automations, integrations, and system optimizations. You enjoy managing the ins and outs of systems and use great troubleshooting skills to investigate and develop solutions and resolve business issues. You are a great communicator and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders. You understand that great relationships and getting and keeping all the right parts connected contributes to seamless experiences and operations.
- Work with business teams and external service providers to provide technical expertise and guidance across the entire information systems ecosystem.
- Provide support for network, server, hardware and software. Troubleshoot support issues.
- Keep current with industry trends, new solutions, application roadmaps, and better practices to make recommendations and continuously improve our systems.
- Collaborate with team members to understand and define requirements for enhancements, integrations, and automations in support of ongoing business operations.
- Implement configuration for mini-enhancements and integrations to system functionality.
- Work with vendors and external service providers to implement and configure larger enhancements and integrations.
- Test, Test, Test.
- Completes qualifications and verifications in support of Computer System Validation/Assurance requirements and documentation for applicable systems.
- Together with others, create, maintain, and update system documentation, information and integration flows, infrastructure maps, and other records to facilitate communication and understanding of the wholistic environment.
- Design and implements software standards for cloud environments, end-user workstations, and mobile devices.
- Assist with the development, enhancement, and maintenance of relevant policies and procedures in accordance with cyber-security, enterprise needs, and regulations and governance.
- Support the ongoing systems operations, including maintaining automated workflows and integrations. Work with external service providers to support resolution and inform the team with alerts and status updates.
- Jumps in to resolve deep technical problems and assists to prevent similar issues from reoccurring.
- Participates in incident investigation and root cause analysis activities.
- Responsible for the effective operation of data protection and recovery systems in support of business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Monitor and assist with preparing reports on the operational effectiveness and efficiency of systems in line with metrics and performance and risk leading indicators
- Degree/Diploma in a computer systems and/or networking related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience supporting servers and software applications, including monitoring, configuring, and troubleshooting.
- 5+ years experience in implementing and administering cloud (Azure) environments and Office/Microsoft 365.
- Experience in SaaS system environments, particularly Microsoft 365, NetSuite ERP and Veeva Systems (QualityDocs, Training, QMS, PromoMats, CRM).
- Experience implementing and maintaining PowerApps, Flow/Automate, LogicApps, and PowerBI in production use.
- Experience in light programming/scripting (PowerShell, .NET/C#, JSON, XML)
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships and accountability with external service providers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional client support.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Wholistic, logical, and analytical thinker.
- Ability to identify interrelations within systems.
- Understands the difference between a workflow and a lifecycle.
- Ability to triage contributing factors and root causes of problems and quickly determine effective resolutions.
- Self-directed and self-governed, you can keep track of many moving parts to ensure timely delivery and recognize when to ask for help.
- Experience with computer system validation and assurance.
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- CompTIA Security+
- Veeva Systems Administrator and NetSuite Administrator certificate, or willingness to obtain
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.