Director, Corporate Communications/Corporate Affairs
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: Communication & Investor Relations
We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational therapy, for the treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) and other proteinuric diseases. We are also advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES). And we are actively hunting for other innovative drugs which have the potential to change the lives of people with rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
This is an opportunity for a creative individual naturally aligned with Aurinia’s values and vision in which we strive to create meaningful impact to meet patient needs. The Director, Corporate Communications/Corporate Affairs oversees corporate communications and directs the corporate affairs function at Aurinia. The role consults with senior management and outside agencies to develop and implement communication plans and strategies and oversee the preparation of corporate collateral material to support overall internal and external awareness of the company’s initiatives and achievements. The successful individual has a track record of conducting innovative and proactive global communications programs and effectively managing public relations within an organization.
- Manages the company brand and reputation.
- Creates and launches press releases and marketing campaigns.
- Works with external agencies to develop positioning and strategy for print and broadcast media.
- Drives corporate strategy and message development, pitch and announcement strategies.
- Develops branding initiatives, internal communications and external media relations.
- Determines the communications strategy and executes programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
- Supports the development of press releases and handles all communication distributed to the public.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Develops strong relationships with media reps.
- Develops internal publications such as releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments. May oversee employee communications including newsletter development and corporate activities in cooperation with human resources.
- Leads the Aurinia’s efforts to engage our 200+ employees, accountable for writing executive communications and managing other communications channels to ensure our value proposition is shared with key stakeholders while enhancing and protecting the company’s reputation.
- Works with the external agencies to create and articulate a clear vision and integrated, global strategy for the communications function within Aurinia to support overall business and Strategy, Commercial, and Corporate Communications group’s objectives
- Manages the creation of, including writing as needed, a variety of communications materials, such as videos, internal communications, executive speeches and internet/intranet materials that support the company’s strategic objectives.
- Ensures communications are consistent and builds continuity of look and feel across all mediums. Cultivates a healthy partnership between cross functional teams.
- Understands and applies knowledge about major issues in the pharmaceutical industry, and works with the team to anticipate and plan for potential issues to protect the corporate reputation.
- Oversees management of existing corporate websites and refresh of current site into best-in-class, mobile-first user experience.
- Collaborates on internal communications to engage employees in understanding our story through innovative internal communications and employee engagement initiatives.
- Bachelor s degree and a minimum of 10+ years of experience working in Corporate Communications and Public Relations in a biotech/pharmaceutical company and/or in an agency setting.
- Demonstrated track record of conducting successful, proactive global communications programs that employ creativity and use of a variety of tools, forums, media and metrics.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the pharmaceutical industry ranging from early stage through commercial development, and familiarity with operations business.
- Retains a robust knowledge of up-to-date compliance, legal, regulatory and other issues that impact communications and can apply them accordingly
- Able to support and lead communications during crises, issues and industry affairs.
- Perceived by others as an expert in communications with a strong working knowledge of the science and pipeline and has the confidence to provide strategic communications counsel to senior management.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills as well as journalistic ability to source stories from employees, industry and patients
- Able to communicate technical information for understanding across a variety of audiences and channels.
- Maintains excellent personal relationships with healthcare reporters & industry media.
- Fosters strong personal credibility and confidence throughout the organization; demonstrates composure and confidence in stressful situations under the pressure of deadlines and changing organizational priorities.
- Digital expertise with social media and video & digital channels.
- Strong interpersonal skills, personal organization and integrity.
- Superb supervisory, people management and budgeting skills.
- Ability to travel for planned events (medical congresses, brand meetings, etc.) in North America and Europe
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.