Director Project and Alliance Management
- Victoria, BC, Canada
- Department: Business Development
Aurinia exists to make a difference. From the earliest days of the company, we’ve seen the potential in applying a creative, thoughtful and responsible approach to developing and commercializing therapies with a goal of changing the course for patients in disease areas that have been historically challenging to address. We Care, for our patients and our employees.
We are currently developing an investigational therapy for the treatment of lupus nephritis (LN). And we are actively hunting for other innovative drugs which have the potential to change the lives of people with rare autoimmune and inflammatory diseases.
The incumbent will lead all aspects of alliance management as it pertains to existing and potential new corporate partners; additionally, the successful candidate will often be called upon to lead various project teams as it relates to Business Development & Licensing and business analysis. Being responsible for managing the company’s corporate interactions with partners will be a key responsibility and deliverable for this role. The successful candidate will be a key external face for the organization. The core objective of this position is to accelerate business growth, through the professional management, information exchange and collaboration with our corporate licensing partners with the objective of maximizing the potential of Aurinia’s product candidates. The Director of Project & Alliance Management will be responsible for ensuring that all terms of the partnership agreement are adhered to by both parties and that Aurinia is ultimately perceived as a “preferred partner” while upholding the best interests of Aurinia.
- Key individual responsible for oversite the execution of the companies’ collaboration agreements, including participation in all governance committees and working groups.
- Serves as the central contact point for internal coordination and external interface with the collaboration partner.
- Identifies key issues, sets meeting agendas, schedules and ensures the Aurinia team is prepared with their deliverables for partner interactions.
- Works with the partner company to set the direction and details for implementation for collaboration agreements including key activities, timelines and responsibilities on either side of the partnership.
- Ensures contract terms and processes (i.e. Regulatory, Approvals, Joint Committees, Supply and Payments) are effectively established, managed and monitored by both parties working across functions, proactively addressing issues/risks and resolving through win-win negotiations.
- Regularly interfaces with the Aurinia cross-functional team and coordinates product supply forecasting and revenue reporting as appropriate.
- Leads the annual and ongoing governance processes required to manage the intake, prioritization, feasibility, approval, resourcing, monitoring, and closing of all projects relating to effective alliance management outcomes.
- Creates and executes project plans and alliance management activities in collaboration with R&D, Regulatory, Commercial, Business Development, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain and other IAC’s for new and in-licensed projects across different therapeutic areas.
- Ensures alignment across the CEO, Executive Leadership Team, Executive Sponsors, Project Managers and project teams as it relates to project governance, status, risks, opportunities and change controls.
- Develops strong internal relationships with key stakeholders across R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Commercial, Business Development, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, IT and Finance in order to effectively understand risks and corporate implications
- Become Aurinia’s internal expert on the internal workings, culture and dynamics of our collaboration partners.
- Relevant education commensurate with the roles and responsibilities of the job with at least 10 years of related experience within Pharma/Biotech
- Possesses advanced conflict management and negotiation skills
- Experienced in managing 3rd party alliances, partnerships, collaborations and/or joint ventures.
- Certified Project Management Professional qualification an advantage
- Experience in project management within the Pharma/Biotech industry.
- In-depth understanding of the drug development process, small molecules, biologics, and peptide platforms
- Business Development & Licensing experience preferred
- Strong consultative and communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to formulate cohesive strategic arguments and respectfully challenge a group of experts (essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary setting, foster and nurture teamwork, and act as a facilitator to drive fulfillment of corporate strategic goals
- Willingness to travel up to 35%; the role will require global travel (medical congresses, advisory boards, partnering meetings and key partner meetings)
- Comfortable with ambiguity and embracing of change with a willingness to self-start (critical)
- Able to influence without authority and establish and maintain credibility with senior audiences.
- Resourceful, motivated, decisive and proactive; must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-growth organization and be confident working with incomplete data
- Ability to work well independently as well as a member of multiple, integrated teams
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.