Senior Analyst, Commercial Insights
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: Commercial Operations
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
The position of Senior Analyst, Commercial Insights will play a critical role developing key commercial analytics and insights in preparation for a new product launch. The role will help the Commercial organization prepare for launch by developing key insights for Sales, Marketing, Market Access and the broader organization.
Reporting to the Director of Commercial Operations & Insights and working in collaboration with the Sr Manager of Sales Operations, this role will execute critical duties including:
- Business Analytics
The candidate must have previous experience in the Life Sciences industry.
The Senior Analyst, Commercial Insights duties will include:
- Develop robust analytics, insights, reporting to draw actionable insights and support decision making
- Manages key inputs into the goal methodology and ongoing support of goal/quota files
- In partnership with Commercial Operations & Commercial leadership team, identify KPIs and ensure all reporting appropriate incorporates the appropriate insights.
- Develops performance dashboards and Standard Reports
- Drives analytics as key inputs for brand planning, executive presentations, and performance reporting
- Closely aligned with Marketing to incorporate KPIs and key tactics into all analytics
- Customer targeting, segmentation, Patient Adherence, Persistence, ROI analytics
- Analyst support of multiple commercial projects (i.e. claims data project, market map, patient journey, competitive simulation, patient finding)
- Managed markets/Market Access Analytics
- Consults on commercial data sources to support each area
- Maintain the forecasting model, manage data sources, oversee process for updates, ensure data accuracy and reporting.
- Closely partner with Commercial Operations, IT & Finance on all key data inputs
- Manage forecast modeling, visualization, projections, scenarios and assumptions
- Partner closely with Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Patient Services, and Finance providing all parts of the business with actionable Business Insights.
- Comply with all policies, rules, and regulations as set out and communicated by the company pursuant to good business practice.
- Minimum of 7 year experience in Business Analytics
- Life Sciences industry experience required
- Experience in Rheumatology, Nephrology and/or Rare Disease indication is preferred
- Launch experience required including building out commercial capabilities, executing to support a launch and evolving operations to continue to support brand growth beyond launch year
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Analytically inclined problem solver
- Extensive experience with industry data sources (i.e. IQVIA/IMS, Symphony, Xponent, Plantrak, DDD, Komodo, Truven, IPM.ai)
- Extensive experience with distribution (3pl, SP, SD) and patient hub data sources
- Experienced in commercial reporting and analytics technologies (i.e. SAS, Qlikview, Tableau, Veeva, Microsoft Power BI, SQL)
- Business Analytics Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, with an MBA preferred
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to operate in a highly analytical and performance-oriented culture of accountability
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively translate data into actionable insights
- Strong collaboration skills
- Superior listening and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to possess a positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.