- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: Administration
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
The Administrative Assistant (AA) provides high-level support to the Commercial Team Vice Presidents and Senior Directors and is a member of the Administrative team. The Administrative Assistant responds to senior level contacts in a sensitive, expeditious manner, maintaining confidentiality and attending to the appropriate protocol in interaction with internal staff, external stakeholders and the general public.
- Manage executives’ calendars and schedule meetings as required
- Coordinate travel arrangements utilizing the company travel system (Concur) by following the Travel & Expense Policy
- Process expense claims, invoices and other associated business meeting expenses accurately following the authorization matrix and company expense policy
- Coordinate logistics for meetings such as conference facilities, catering, boardroom bookings, providing support for teleconference/video conferences and on/off-site meetings
- Prepares, proofreads and edits correspondence, reports, minutes and agendas to ensure accuracy and completeness for quality, tone and consistency
- Maintains office supplies and overseeing any facilities requests
- Responds to information requests, preparing the necessary documentation and ensuring follow-up actions
- Work independently under limited supervision to organize workload effectively and efficiently
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and consistency in materials being presented for approval
- Build and maintain positive working relationships, provide service excellence to clients and work collaboratively within the Administrative team, engaging in strategic thinking and participating in discussions regarding effective systems and communication
- Use a high degree of discretion and judgement to determine priorities
- Administration/Reception coverage when required
- Back up coverage during absences to other members of the extended Administrative team
- Thorough understanding of the business’ organization structure, policies, goals, and objectives
- Five years administrative support
- Experience working in an environment with confidential and sensitive information
- Effective execution of duties requires a high degree of judgement and initiative with knowledge and application of best practices in business administration
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite and Concur
- Remain calm, and demonstrate sound judgment while working under pressure
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.