Market Research Manager
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: Commercial Operations
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
The Market Research Manager is responsible for aligning with internal teams to identify business objectives and selecting the appropriate research methodology and supporting techniques to meet those defined business objectives. The Research Manager is accountable for the overall research projects, project timelines and vendor management. Depending on the selected methods, the Research Manager may develop or assist in the development of the research instrument. The Research Manager works closely with vendors or Market Research Project Directors ensuring the successful execution of the fieldwork. Upon completion, the Market Research Manager reviews the collected data, works with vendors to design reports and makes business-oriented recommendations to the sponsoring colleagues.
- Partner with internal team members to understand, document, and provide input into the business objectives
- Continuously evaluating and assessing new and innovative research methodologies across all customer types (e.g. HCPs, patients, payers, caregivers etc.)
- Create RFP (request for proposal) for each project as needed
- Selecting the most appropriate research methodology and techniques
- Designing qualitative and quantitative research for products in all stages of the product life cycle
- Designing research questionnaires and moderator guides to ensure business objectives are being met
- Building a yearly research plan to achieve brand and business objectives
- Working with Project Directors to oversee the fieldwork initiative
- Identifying actionable insights to ensure that voice of the customer is infused into brand strategies
- Interpreting data, writing reports, and making evidenced-based recommendations
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years within the custom, primary market research industry
- 3 to 5 years of industry/sector experience
- In market and practical experience across the product lifecycle (e.g. early commercial, pre-launch, launch and in market) and a wide array of new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
- Expertise in leading and executing both qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Exceptional project management skill
- Strong ability to be a self-starter and work in cross-functional teams. Strong analytic skills with experience driving statistical modeling projects and analyses
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and SPSS/SAS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business intelligence, or mathematics is required. MBA or advanced degree desired.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.