Account Director, Government Payers
- Remote, Home Office, United States
- Department: Commercial Market Access
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
The Government Account Director role is a critically important and highly visible Market Access position within Aurinia Pharmaceuticals. This position will identify and develop relationships with key decision makers within the operations and management of formulary coverage for all Federal/State government purchaser and payer segments to ensure their covered lives have access to the Aurinia portfolio of products. These customers may include Tricare, VA/DOD, other Federal Accounts, State Medicaid Programs, and all PBMs/Health plans that support this segment. This individual will place themselves in a position to influence and educate the formulary and/or purchasing decision-making processes at all levels, including Directors of Pharmacy, Medical, Clinical, Policy, and other payer leaders. This position will be responsible for implementing the company’s strategic objectives with each customer and providing cross-functional leadership and collaboration throughout both external and internal stakeholders.
• Working with Corporate Account Directors to devise and implement a 50-state Medicaid specific strategy to ensure optimum coverage of Aurinia products
• Developing and implementing strategic plans for optimum product positioning and access within each targeted payer customer in the Federal/State government segment including: State Medicaid, Medicaid PBMs, VA/DOD, and other target accounts as defined by Aurinia’s market access leadership.
• Developing access strategies within this segment to support optimal access/reimbursement for Aurinia products that may include recommendations on contracting or other price concessions.
• Becoming an expert in Aurinia’s drug portfolio and disease states with the ability to educate and ensure optimal pull-through effectiveness for all patient support and access programs including HUB, distribution, co-pay support, PAP, and other access program offerings.
• Collaborating with Medical in the development, coordination and delivering of clinical presentations and value propositions with the goal of appropriate access within government plans.
• Assessing the competitive market landscape and opportunities for improved or expanded market penetration and adoption in the government payer segment.
• Collaborating with the sales organization to educate on Federal/State government payer access and coverage for Aurinia products in addition to helping resolve unique reimbursement challenges that may arise.
• Previous product launch experience required
• Experience working with Magellan, Change, and Optum on Medicaid drug programs
• A minimum of 8-10 years pharmaceutical industry experience in sales, management, marketing, managed care or other relevant commercial function.
• A minimum of 3-5 years specifically within market access focused on Federal/State government payer accounts • National/Regional Account Management experience is a plus
• Proven teamwork and collaboration skills with a demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work teams comprised of high-level managers and executives.
• Analyzes and uses qualitative and quantitative data and incorporates understanding into decision criteria.
• Ability to effectively manage competing priorities with strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to act as an articulate advocate for the market access team.
• Creative/innovative thinker with an understanding of legal / regulatory / policy environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly developed analytical skills with demonstrated ability to conceptualize issues and synthesize data to provide strategic direction.
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related technical field is required.
• Proven ability to work independently, adhere to specific timelines, deliver on all administrative requirements, and execute on business plan initiatives.
• Ability to skillfully communicate and negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external customer, while working within an ever-changing managed markets, payer, and corporate environment.
• Project management skills (leading without authority), with the ability to handle multiple tasks, assignments, and business partners.
• Establish strong internal relationships and provide on-going clear communication to ensure clarity of access positions and support pull-through efforts.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to foster a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and operational excellence.
• Strong strategic account management skills with extensive experience in tactical planning and execution and negotiation skills with proven track record of success.
• Up to 75% travel required.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.