Area Vice President, Sales (West)
- Remote, Home Office, United States
- Department: Commercial Field
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
Under the Vice President, Sales, the AVP, Sales will be responsible for leading their regional sales organization for Aurinia. This position will be expected to play a hands-on role in developing and executing the company’s sales strategies, conducting regular business reviews, and developing effective sales coaching and communications plans. Additionally, this position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with key customers and accounts and collaborating with internal stakeholders.
• As part of this growing start-up, you will be responsible for building, managing and growing a successful team of District Managers
• You will execute ongoing performance reviews with your sales team and effectively monitor and address the performance of specific sales regions to ensure targets are met
• Prepare and deliver updates on progress against targets to the VP, Sales
• Work with the VP, Sales to develop and execute innovative and compliant sales strategies that align with the commercial vision for achieving commercial success for Voclosporin for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN).
• Work within the sales budget to stay consistent with the financial goals and objectives of the company, including efficient management of any partners, vendors and contracted resources
• Strategically allocate all field resources to Regions including Peer to Peer programs, lunches
• Ensure the effective and consistent implementation of sales plans and materials for their territory
• Understand the requirements of autoimmune/rare disease customers in order to propose solutions that fulfil the client’s needs and maximize revenue.
• Build and nurture relationships with customers, vendors, and key accounts
• Partner with the Marketing team to develop effective sales resources
• Develop and implement a comprehensive business plan for the territory that will be inclusive of budgets, travel, territory management, goal setting, etc
• Collaborate with colleagues in cross functional teams to include Marketing, Information Technology, Sales Operations, identifying resources and enhancing sales efforts
• Communicate with Head of MSL team ensuring compliant communication and triaging requests to MSLs as appropriate
• Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
• Keep up to date regarding pharma applications, new technologies, standards and guidelines, data protection regulations as well as relevant disease knowledge.
• Develop, drive and support the team, including providing ongoing training as needed.
• Will have a keen understanding of the payor and reimbursement environment in the oncology and diagnostic space.
• Proven experience as an AVP, Sales or similar leadership role leading a salesforce of 50-100 people
• Previous experience building out a successful sales team
• Minimum of 8 years’ sales management experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
• Recent experience launching products with demonstrated success on consistently meeting and/or exceeding sales objectives and goals
• 2-3 years of direct account management experience in a molecular diagnostic setting with a history of proven past performance that has met and exceeded expectations.
• Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
• Extensive network in Pharmaceutical, Biotech and auto-immune/rare disease industry
• Bachelor of Science degree in life science, biology, business, or marketing, with an MBA preferred
• Proven leadership skills in recruiting, leading and motivating sales professionals
• Possesses a good blend of strategic and operational experience with the ability see the big picture but can dive into details as needed
• Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas and influence others that achieve desired results
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to drive to consensus
• Negotiates skillfully and gains the trust of others quickly
• Flexible, diplomatic and able to effectively deal with ambiguity
• Ability to develop and deliver a well-articulated Aurinia value proposition to external parties, key opinion leaders, and executive management
• Excellent negotiation and customer service skills.
• Outstanding strategic sales account planning skills.
• Superior listening and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to possess a positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.