Vice President, Professional & Advocacy Relations
- Remote, Home Office, United States
- Department: Communication & Investor Relations
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
The Lead will assume responsibility for developing and executing a cross-functional strategy for stakeholder engagement in the public discourse surrounding Aurinia’s therapies, the therapeutic areas being served, and the communities impacted by the diseases we treat.
• Work cross-functionally within Aurinia to bridge the medical and marketing functions in order to elevate our stakeholder engagement and perception to maximize outcomes for our programs, portfolio and patients we serve.
• Possesses significant relationship management skills to create long-term value and establish Aurinia as a respected partner now and in the future.
• Works collaboratively with external third-party organizations to align and execute on shared goals across the product development cycle from pre-clinical to post-launch, including appropriate access for products and maintenance of healthcare delivery
• Develops strategic outreach plans for thought leader engagement to ensure Aurinia has a broad perspective on critical aspects of product development and launch including establishing consultants, speaker development and managing interactions at key industry/society meetings
• Develops and leads the implementation of an integrated patient and professional association strategy
• Becomes a trusted thought partner to the advocacy community and key stakeholders by building and maintaining long-term, substantive relationships based on mutual objectives valuing trust, respect and transparency
• Heightens disease state and therapeutic-area knowledge among external groups and mobilizes these groups to activate on key product milestones
• Brings the voice of patients and providers into Aurinia’s capabilities, including Clinical Trial Design, Evidence Generation, Direct-to-Patient Marketing, Corporate Communications, Policy, and Value and Access
• Empathetic and passionate individual with a proven reputation as a well-respected, dynamic team player able to build meaningful connections with stakeholders
• Previous experience leading the development and implementation of thought leader plans and professional medical society and patient advocacy strategies for pharmaceutical organizations
• Proven understanding of key external and internal trends affecting professional, patient and consumer engagement and previous experience communicating the value of innovation and addressing access barriers to care
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills and an ability to adapt one’s approach to a challenge • Ability to assimilate complex medical knowledge and communicate to medical and non-medical audiences alike
• Capable of managing shifting priorities in a rapidly changing environment
• Understands the pharma/biotech business model, regulatory process & compliance guidelines
• Experience working with Rheumatologists, Nephrologists and advocacy groups (US and Europe), preferred
• Experience with product (drug) launches
• 10+ years of Marketing and/or Medical Affairs experience with focus KOL/Stakeholder management
• Post graduate degree preferred; PharmD, MD, PhD
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.