Director, Supply Chain
- Remote, Rockville, MD, Edmonton, AB or Victoria, BC, REMOTE, United States
- Department: Supply Chain
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerularsclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
Develops and manages the short and long-term master supply chain/production plan of goods, inventories and logistics services to insure on - time deliveries of Clinical and Commercial requirements, while minimizing inventory levels and achieving cost/quality objectives. The Director of Supply Chain will provide a vision to integrate and enhance Aurinia’s supply chains and be a connector for the organization, providing visibility and synchronizing organizational functions from R&D and Process Development through Manufacturing and Finance.
- Develops and implements the Supply Chain management strategy, supporting Clinical, Process Development, Drug Substance and Drug Product requirements.
- Analyzes forecasted requirements for R&D, clinical and commercial drug products by product by month over a 1 to 3-year horizon
- -validates and challenges forecasts
- -converts all requirements into a detailed production plan down to key raw material level
- -participates in a 10-year strategic plan on a yearly basis
- -prepares, maintains and forwards forecasts to all suppliers as required in conjunction with all established supply agreements / quotes.
- Responsible for Logistics Management shipping of drug substance and drug product batches for successful on-time delivery of all goods and services
- -plans and prepares all shipping requests as well as proforma or customs invoices, USA end-use letters for shipments
- -assists in selection of custom brokers to be used to ensure smooth transition of orders being imported/exported
- -has working knowledge of customs and tax systems
- -develops, qualifies alternate courier/shipping companies for risk mitigation purposes
- Prepares inventory summary reports, reviews, and takes actions on inventory levels and expiry dates of stock
- -corrects inventory discrepancies
- -ensures first expired/first out inventory practices for stock rotation
- -ensures disposal of stock according to GMP’s and environmental requirements
- Leads Production Plan Review meetings with all vendors and makes modifications to plans as necessary
- Assists in preparation of RFP’s, selection of vendors for products and services ensuring optimal price and quality requirements
- -assists in negotiation of contracts
- -may evaluate quotations and requisition details
- -proposes cost reductions and material flow improvements
- -manages vendors to Aurinia SOP and standards requirements
- Meets with vendors on a regular basis to obtain product or vendor information
- -may initiate vendor qualification program activities with Quality Assurance
- Coordinates supply chain aspects of new product launches or
- product/material changes and proposes actions to minimize material write-offs.
- Assists to build supplier partnerships; promotes and maintains healthy and sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Makes recommendations on lot sizes, safety stock levels and provides models, forecasting, options and analytics for decision making purposes.
- Implements methods/systems/tools to analyze spend, evaluate supplier performance, and manage inventory of materials and finished goods.
- Plays a key role and supply chain input into Aurinia’s budgeting processes.
- University Degree in Science or Supply Chain Management
- 10 to 15 years progressive experience in biotech or pharmaceutical supply chain management
- ERP practical experience
- Very strong computer aptitudes
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical GMP requirements
- Incumbent must be a self-starter and possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to negotiate and achieve a consensus between partner requirements, suppliers and Aurinia departments while maintaining inventory and cost guidelines
- Thorough understanding of the Supply Chain function, including, but not limited to logistics, planning, finance, regulatory compliance, supplier management and environmental, health and safety
- Must be well organized, proactive and able to deal with unexpected events
- Ability to travel 10 to 15 % of time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.