- Victoria, BC, Canada
- Department: Administration
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
The Executive Assistant (EA) provides high-level support to the Chief Medical Officer, Senior Vice President, Global Clinical Operations and Senior Vice President Global Affairs and is a member of the Administrative team. The Executive Assistant responds to senior level contacts in a sensitive, expeditious manner, maintaining confidentiality and attending to the appropriate protocol in interaction with internal staff, external stakeholders and the general public.
• Managing executives’ calendars and scheduling meetings as required
• Prepares, proofreads and edits correspondence, reports, minutes and agendas to ensure accuracy and completeness for quality, tone and consistency
• Lends support to the Executive Management team in the development of the company’s overall goals, strategies, plans and initiatives
• Maintains office supplies including ordering department business cards and overseeing any facilities requests
• Work independently under limited supervision to organize workload effectively and efficiently
• Maintain a high level of accuracy and consistency in materials being presented for Executive approval
• Responds to information requests, preparing the necessary documentation and ensuring follow-up actions • Assisting with the planning and coordinating of events such as staff celebrations and charity fundraisers as requested
• Ensure new department employees are fully onboarded by following a checklist provided by HR
• Build and maintain positive working relationships, provide service excellence to clients and work collaboratively within the Administrative team
• Coordinate logistics for meetings such as conference facilities, catering, boardroom bookings, providing support for teleconference/video conferences and on site meetings
• Attending meetings as required to record meeting minutes and action items
• Coordinating travel arrangements utilizing the company travel system (Concur) by following the Travel & Expense Policy
• Processing expense claims, invoices and other associated business meeting expenses accurately following the authorization matrix and company expense policy
• Ensure information is available to enable the executive to effectively deal with issues in an informed, productive and timely manner
• Complete reports and organize appropriate material for meetings, conferences etc
• Use a high degree of discretion and judgement to determine priorities and urgent situations for the executive’s attention and appropriately directs routine matters to other staff
• Work as a team member with other Executive & Administrative Assistants to contribute to the continuing improvement of services provided to the Executives by assisting each other, engaging in strategic thinking, offering ideas and suggestions and participating in team meetings or discussions regarding effective systems, procedures and communication.
• Back up coverage during absences to other members of the extended Administrative team
• Thorough understanding of the business’ organization structure, policies, goals, and objectives
• Certificate in business administration, or equivalent combination of experience
• Three years progressively responsible clerical. administrative experience, education and/or training of which includes providing administrative support to a senior executive
• Experience working in an environment with confidential and sensitive information
• Experience coordinating complex meeting and travel arrangements often on short notice and strict deadlines
• Effective execution of duties requires a high degree of judgement and initiative with knowledge and application of best practices in business administration
• In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite
• Remain calm, and demonstrate sound judgment while working under pressure
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.