Sr. Manager, Commercial Financial Planning and Analysis
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: Finance
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
Aurinia is seeking a Sr. Manager, Commercial Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to join the growing Finance team. The Sr. Manager, Commercial FP&A will report to the Vice President, FP&A and will provide strong financial planning and business partnering support for Aurinia’s Commercial team. This role will serve as the main finance point of contact to the functions within the Commercial organization and will support the team through robust launch readiness efforts and post-launch support. This role will partner with the Commercial team in developing and maintaining the global revenue forecast and will work with the market access team to develop and maintain the gross to net projections. This key role will also lead the Commercial team in developing and managing the annual expense budget and the quarterly re-forecasts through the rolling forecast process and will prepare monthly budget to actual reporting packages to present to the Commercial department heads. This role will also be the main point person for day-to-day operational support and ad-hoc strategic analysis and commercial partnership. This position will play a key role in supporting the Vice President, FP&A in the ground-up design and implementation of a new financial planning and reporting system and the companywide roll-out of a best-in-class rolling forecast and performance tracking process. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in a fast-paced high growth environment as Aurinia approaches commercialization. The position will require a hands-on individual who can interface with all levels of the company in a collaborative manner.
• Support the Commercial department heads as the lead Commercial finance business partner to build the annual budget and quarterly forecasts and to provide management reporting and decision support.
• Partner with the market access team to develop gross to net forecasting and liaise with the accounting team (once commercial) to ensure proper accounting of gross-to-net reserves.
• Work with the sales leadership team to continuously develop and maintain the sales forecasts and ensure proper integration into the company wide budget, rolling forecast and long-term planning process.
• Prepare a monthly global commercial consolidated reporting package to highlight key business results & insights and present results to the Commercial department heads
• Serve as a key team member supporting the Vice President, FP&A in designing and implementing a financial planning and reporting system
• Support the Vice President, FP&A in the long-term planning process
• Collaborate with the FP&A team and key stakeholders to develop value-added internal management reporting
• Communicate and collaborate with key internal stakeholders including Commercial Operations, Marketing, Market Access and Sales and assess and anticipate needs and new opportunities to add value and support better decision making
• Partner with the Commercial department heads and HR to ensure proper headcount planning and the incorporation into the plan
• Review commercial contracts for financial terms and manage associated monthly contract accruals
• Minimum BS in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of successive experience across various financial disciplines within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. FP&A experience within the pharmaceutical industry is strongly preferred.
• Experience specific to Revenue and Gross to Net accounting is strongly preferred
• Successful systems implementation experience
• Strong communication skill both written and verbal
• Great listening and collaboration skills
• Solutions oriented problem solver
• Effective presentation skills
• Solid business acumen
• Deal with ambiguity, resourceful, complex issues
• Excellent people manager
• Ability to facilitate a strong team environment
• Ability to work cross functionally and cross culturally
• Ability to travel: approximately 10%
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.