Administrative Assistant - Contract
- Victoria, BC, Canada
- Department: Administration
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
The incumbent is responsible for providing assistance as directed by the Senior Executive Assistant (Office of the CEO) in providing professional and effective service to the Chief Medical Officer, Senior Vice President, Global Clinical Operations, and the Senior Vice President, Clinical & Medical Affairs.
The administrative assistant will take an organized, “creative solution” approach to providing administrative support.
• Coordinate International travel for executives, ensuring internal policies and controls are followed
• Organization of documents in the SharePoint library
• Complete data entry of all vendor Confidentiality Agreements
• Maintain vendor/partner contracts in database and coordinate/track requirements including HCP forms
• Data entry/Photocopying/scanning/faxing/printing documents as necessary
• Maintain meeting room calendars; arrange food catering requirements for meetings
• Coordinate conference rooms internally & externally for meetings
• Assist with planning venues and all related logistics for major company external events by providing partner/vendor follow up
• Process correspondence as necessary
• Process and reconciliation of invoices and expense reports
• Provide creative support and perform other administrative duties as requested
• You will agree to comply with all signatory limits as communicated by the finance function on behalf of the company
• You will comply with all Policies, rules, and regulations as set out and communicated by the company pursuant to good business practice.
-Back up Reception (as required) The Reception is the company ambassador, taking a professional and positive approach in:
• Greeting visitors and coordinating staff who visit the Aurinia Pharmaceuticals office
• Answering and directing incoming calls
• Ensuring security register is up-to-date and security passes are assigned, collected and audited
• Efficient and timely distribution of mail/courier packages both incoming and outgoing.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Administration is required
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, SharePoint and Outlook
• Strong organizational skills
• Exceptional work ethic, attention to detail and time management skills
• Establish work priorities and remain flexible
• Positive “can do” attitude
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.