IT Business Analyst
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: IT
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of Lupus Nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
We are currently hiring for a Business Analyst having experience with Pharmaceutical/Life Science industry that can perform the following duties;
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen, and Interface designs)
- Experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under the direction of project managers
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into an application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Bachelor degree, concentration in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science, Information Systems or Information Sciences.
- 1-3 yrs professional experience using Microsoft SQL Server including T-SQL.
- Deep knowledge of Demand/Supply planning process and software
Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industry experience
- Hands on experience in various Sales and Marketing data sets
- Work with the client to understand the business objectives, leverage data, analytics and technology to propose and implement a solution.
- Create documents such as business requirements, functional requirements, business rules, analytics plans, quality checklists, etc. for use by the global project team.
- SQL writing skills preferred
- Working knowledge of business processes, system development and process improvements.
- Proficient in gathering business requirements using process flows and use cases.
- Expertise in mapping as-is and to-be business processes.
- Understanding of technology capabilities and limitations.
- Experience in creating dashboards/reports for various stakeholders in pharma – Field reps, Field management, managed markets etc.
- Experience designing and reviewing test cases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to one of the BI Tools such as Tableau, Qlik and MSTR, is preferred.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.