Senior Manager, Launch Readiness (Project Management)
- Rockville, MD, USA
- Department: Commercial Operations
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerularsclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
The position of Sr Manager, Launch Readiness will play an important role ensuring Aurinia is prepared in all cross functional areas for a new product launch. This role will deliver project management oversight of the launch plan while leading cross functionally to ensure momentum in all areas meets critical timelines. The role reports to the VP Commercial Operations and is located in the Commercial headquarters in Rockville, MD. The candidate will have previous experience in project management, new product launches, and will be highly skilled at managing multiple priorities. The candidate must have previous experience in the Life Sciences industry.
• Project Management Oversight of the integrated launch plan
• Manage end to end launch of new products by partnering with all functions (Commercial, Medical, Advocacy, Finance, Legal, Regulatory, HR, IT, Investor Relations, etc.) to ensure a well-integrated launch plan
• Cross functional leadership skills to ensure all departments have developed robust launch plans and manage their progress against the plan on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis while paying close attention to “must win” areas
• Conduct frequent working sessions to ensure all appropriate tasks are incorporated into the launch plan
• Lead monthly Integrated Launch Plan meetings
• Manages and tracks all interdependencies, “must wins”, risks/threats, priorities, and all components of the launch plan
• Work in close alliance with Finance to ensure appropriate budget management
• Deliver project management support for ad-hoc projects as assigned
• Document management
• Comply with all policies, rules, and regulations as set out and communicated by the company pursuant to good business practice.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Management
• PMP certification preferred
• Highly organized with strong attention to details
• Recent Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology product launch experienced required
• Ability to travel up to 15%
• Life Sciences industry experience preferred
• Expert skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
• Expert skills in Microsoft Project and similar tools
• Proactive problem solver
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to operate in a highly analytical and performance-oriented culture of accountability
• Strong communication skills
• Strong collaboration skills
• Superior listening and interpersonal/political savvy skills
• Ability to possess a positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.