- Victoria, BC, Canada
- Department: Research and Development
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerularsclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
The incumbent is responsible for executing Aurinia Pharmaceutical Inc. basic research activities. This person develops and implements research plans and activities, including research education and training, for Aurinia employees and contractors. In addition, this person provides operational oversight and assures all basic science research activities conform to all levels of governmental regulations.
• Collaborates with appropriate members of Aurinia to prioritize research initiatives and programs to supplement corporate strategy and initiatives. Assists in long-range goal development.
• Identifies research facilities and capabilities that align with corporate objectives and goals.
• Support all aspects of pre-clinical research for both clinical and pre-clinical drug candidates, including design of scientific experiments to address basic research questions.
• Review and revise procedures/protocols in accordance with research goals and objectives.
• Executes on innovative research initiatives which includes managing research collaborations with both academic and industry partners to meet deadlines and priorities across multiple projects.
• Analysis, interpretation and presentation of data to internal and external audiences in the form of written reports or summary slides.
• Develops key relationships with internal and external customers to strengthen outreach and increase research capabilities from universities and specific research centers.
• Monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and federal requirements, and Aurinia policies and procedures.
• Comply with all policies, rules, and regulations as set out and communicated by the company pursuant to good business practice.
• Assists in search and evaluation of potential new assets that might be brought into the company
• 4+ years progressive experience in research and clinical programs
• Ph.D. in Research, Medicine, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and/or related experience. Immunology expertise strongly preferred
• Experience at a large multinational healthcare organization is preferred
• A demonstrated success in developing and managing strategic relationships to accomplish business objectives is required
• Ability to work well independently as well as a member of multiple, integrated teams
• Established record of research and/or clinical activities supported by internal and external funding and evidence of publications in peer reviewed journals preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential)
• Sound interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.