Accounts Payable and Office Assistant
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
- Department: Finance
Aurinia is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapies in disease areas of high unmet medical need. We are currently developing voclosporin, an investigational drug, for the treatment of lupus nephritis (LN) and focal segmental glomerularsclerosis (FSGS). Additionally, we are advancing voclosporin ophthalmic solution (VOS), a topical formulation, for the treatment of dry eye syndrome (DES).
We are looking for a motivated, organized and detail-oriented individual who would like to join our team. Reporting to Aurinia’s controller, the Accounts Payable and Office Assistant will work in the Edmonton office, in a collaborative- team focused manner providing data entry and daily administrative support. We are seeking a positive team player who can take direction and has fantastic communication skills.
• Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, invoices, statements.
• Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Maintaining historical records
• Paying employees by reviewing and entering reports and preparing cheques.
• Paying vendors by scheduling cheques and ensuring invoices are entered; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
• Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
• File system development and maintenance including printed and electronic records, ensuring information is secured and organized.
• Data Entry in the accounting software system.
• Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of the information.
• Other administrative duties as required; including but not limited to organizing, scanning, filing, and other duties as required to assist other team members.
• Knowledge and experience in accounts payable, data entry, administrative practices and general accounting practices.
• Strong intermediate knowledge required in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. • Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Team player and reliable, with a positive attitude.
• Two or more years’ experience in a data entry and/or accounts payable role
• Bookkeeping or accounting certificate an asset team player and reliable, with a positive attitude
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.