Computer / Mobile Forensic IT Analyst
NXTKey Corporation has been delivering Information Technology, Information management, Information Assurance (IA) and cybersecurity solutions to US Federal Government since 2005.
NXTKey Corporation is a 15 year old ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 20000, CMMI Level 3 (SVC) + SSD certified and agile Highly Adaptive Cybersecurity Services (HACS) qualified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), that has refined our Information Technology, Information management, Information Assurance (IA) and cybersecurity solutions by supporting highly complex Information Technology (IT) environments at the Department of Justice (DOJ) United States Marshals Service (USMS), Justice Management Division (JMD), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Federal Prison Industries (FPI) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
Our depth of experience allows us to provide IT security support for a wide range of IT General Support Systems (GSS) and major applications (MAs) within the Federal Enterprise and following the guidance in the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) and information systems security support services in accordance with OMB Circular A-130, NIST guidelines and standards, as well as other federal policies and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science, or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience handling digital evidence.
- Current Public Trust / Secret security clearance required.
This position encompasses all aspects supporting the forensic analysis of IT equipment including the following duties:
1. Assist customer with the retrieval of data on laptops, tablets, mobile phones, external storage media, and network drives.
2. Assist customer with managing seized electronic devices used as evidence.
3. Assist customer with coordinating investigative activities with the Information Technology Division.
4. Log collection activities and electronic documentary evidence gathered related to investigations.
1. Must have experience in using the incident response lifecycle.
2. Must have understanding of computer forensics concepts and methodologies, basic computer components, enterprise networks and network protocols.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Visio and Access.
4. Strong problem-solving, networking and team-building skills.
5. Ability to work both individually and as part of a team to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills
7. Desire to learn data analysis, documentation and reporting
8. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment