Program Manager - Federal Cyber / IT Services
- Fairfax Blvd, Fairfax, VA, USA
NXTKey Corporation has been delivering Information Technology, Information management, Information Assurance (IA) and cybersecurity solutions to US Federal Government since 2005.
NXTKey Corporation is a 15 year old ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 20000, CMMI Level 3 (SVC) + SSD certified and agile Highly Adaptive Cybersecurity Services (HACS) qualified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), that has refined our Information Technology, Information management, Information Assurance (IA) and cybersecurity solutions by supporting highly complex Information Technology (IT) environments at the Department of Justice (DOJ) United States Marshals Service (USMS), Justice Management Division (JMD), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Federal Prison Industries (FPI) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
Our depth of experience allows us to provide IT security support for a wide range of IT General Support Systems (GSS) and major applications (MAs) within the Federal Enterprise and following the guidance in the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) and information systems security support services in accordance with OMB Circular A-130, NIST guidelines and standards, as well as other federal policies and regulations.
The Cyber Security Program Manager oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as the liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, clients and other stakeholders.
- Directly managing all aspects of the project lifecycle. Responsible for managing the complete lifecycle of government contract technology product implementations. Accountable for full life cycle project management, including project initiation and planning, development, testing, implementation, and closeout.
- Plan, program, and recommend allocation of resources to support the mission and associated goals and objectives. Responsibility for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and/or termination during the project or projects. Develop, prioritize and defend IT resource requirements.
- Develop project schedules and recommends appropriate lead-lag times. Plan workload for multiple project management teams and de-conflicts resources. Provide forward-looking schedule analysis to Leadership.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas. Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Source the capabilities, skills and technology necessary to meet customer requirements supported by service level agreements
- Conducts regular, periodic, project management status meetings to apprise all stakeholders of project progress, issues, challenges, risks, and project management activities
- Defining and tracking project milestones while developing, maintaining and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Accurately assessing, managing, and reporting dependencies, risks, and issues.
- Developing required project artifacts such as project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, etc. depending on methodology (Waterfall, Agile).
- Publishing periodic project status reports.
· Bachelor’s degree B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or a related field.
· US Citizen only.
- Must have an Active Public Trust / Top Secret / TS-SCI clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.